November 9, 1987 |
Greensboro, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Scottsdale Christian Academy
|2012||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Randolph Coble (born November 9, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA Development League. A former member of the Northwestern Wildcats basketball team, he led them in scoring and rebounding as a freshman, sophomore and junior during the 2006-07, 2007–08 and 2008-09 seasons, but suffered a Lisfranc fracture and redshirted during his true senior season. Following the 2008–09 All-Big Ten Conference regular season, he was named a second-team All-conference selection by both the coaches and the media. He was also named Big Ten men's basketball player of the week during the season. He was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection following the 2007–08 Big Ten Conference men's basketball season. On July 27, 2010, Coble decided not to play basketball for his senior year, choosing instead to focus on graduating in December 2010.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2006-07". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2007-08". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2008-09". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2010-03-09.
- "2008–09 All-Big Ten Men's Basketball Team". CBS Interactive. 2008-03-09. Retrieved 2009-03-12.
- "Coble, Cornley Earn Big Ten's Weekly Honors: Northwestern's Kevin Coble and Penn State's Jamelle Cornley lauded for performances through the week ending January 25.". CBS Interactive. 2009-01-26. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "Indiana's White Named Big Ten Player of the Year by Coaches and Media: Purdue's Painter claims Coach of the Year accolades, Boilermakers' Kramer nabs Defensive Player of the Year honors, Hoosier Gordon earns Freshman of the Year laurels, and Wisconsin's Bohannon collects Sixth Man of the Year honor". CBS Interactive. 2008-03-10. Retrieved 2009-03-06.
- "NU's Coble won't return from foot injury". espnchicago. 2010-07-27. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Kevin Coble". NBA.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- Obert, Richard (2012-02-22). "Kevin Coble on way to hoops comeback". AZCentral.com. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- "Mad Ants acquire guard". The Journal Gazette. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Greenstein, Teddy (2012-09-01). "Former NU star headed to Japan". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2016-02-16.