November 9, 1987 |
Greensboro, North Carolina
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Scottsdale Christian Academy
|2012||Fort Wayne Mad Ants|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Randolph Coble (born November 9, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who last played for the Sendai 89ers of the bj league. A former member of the Northwestern Wildcats basketball team, he led them in scoring and rebounding as a freshman, sophomore and junior during the 2006-07, 2007–08 and 2008-09 seasons, but suffered a Lisfranc fracture and redshirted during his true senior season. Following the 2008–09 All-Big Ten Conference regular season, he was named a second-team All-conference selection by both the coaches and the media. He was also named Big Ten men's basketball player of the week during the season. He was an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection following the 2007–08 Big Ten Conference men's basketball season. On July 27, 2010, Coble decided not to play basketball for his senior year, choosing instead to focus on graduating in December 2010.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2006-07". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 9, 2010.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2007-08". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 9, 2010.
- "Northwestern Wildcats Statistics - 2008-09". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 9, 2010.
- "2008–09 All-Big Ten Men’s Basketball Team". CBS Interactive. March 9, 2008. Retrieved March 12, 2009.
- "Coble, Cornley Earn Big Ten's Weekly Honors: Northwestern's Kevin Coble and Penn State's Jamelle Cornley lauded for performances through the week ending January 25.". CBS Interactive. January 26, 2009. Retrieved March 9, 2009.
- "Indiana's White Named Big Ten Player of the Year by Coaches and Media: Purdue's Painter claims Coach of the Year accolades, Boilermakers' Kramer nabs Defensive Player of the Year honors, Hoosier Gordon earns Freshman of the Year laurels, and Wisconsin's Bohannon collects Sixth Man of the Year honor". CBS Interactive. March 10, 2008. Retrieved March 6, 2009.
- "NU's Coble won't return from foot injury". espnchicago. July 27, 2010. Retrieved July 27, 2010.
- "Kevin Coble". NBA.com. Archived from the original on December 30, 2012. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- Obert, Richard (February 22, 2012). "Kevin Coble on way to hoops comeback". AZCentral.com. Retrieved February 26, 2012.
- "Mad Ants acquire guard". The Journal Gazette. March 13, 2012. Retrieved March 26, 2012.
- Greenstein, Teddy (September 1, 2012). "Former NU star headed to Japan". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 16, 2016.