|Full name||Kevin James McCann|
|Date of birth||11 September 1987|
|Place of birth||Glasgow, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Defender / Midfielder|
|2010–2011||→ Inverness Caledonian Thistle (loan)||11||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 April 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 10 May 2010
Kevin James McCann (born 11 September 1987) is a Scottish footballer currently playing for Albion Rovers. He is primarily a defender who can also play in a defensive midfield role. He has represented Scotland at under-20 and under-21 levels.
McCann started his senior career with Hibs. He made his first team debut in a Scottish Cup tie at Aberdeen on 10 January 2007. He remained in the first team squad after this and he appeared as a late substitute in Hibs' victory in the 2007 Scottish League Cup Final against Kilmarnock.
After the sale of Hibs' first choice right full-back Steven Whittaker to Rangers during the summer of 2007, it was expected that McCann would regularly play in the Hibs first team. McCann suffered from tendinitis in his right knee, which also led to him being withdrawn from the Scotland squad for the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
McCann's opportunities were further limited after the appointment of Mixu Paatelainen as manager. Paatelainen signed another right back, David van Zanten, for the 2008–09 season. McCann also suffered further problems with tendinitis in his right knee, which kept him out of action for the rest of the 2008–09 season. He resumed light training towards the end of the season.
McCann returned to fitness soon after the appointment of John Hughes as manager to the club. He played in the opening day win against St Mirren, but was subsequently injured again and did not make another appearance in the 2009–10 season.
After Hibs signed another right back during the 2010 close season (Michael Hart), McCann was loaned to Inverness Caledonian Thistle. McCann impressed in pre-season and started the first three league games. He scored his first goal for Inverness in his second league appearance, "an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the net from 30 yards" in a 4–0 win against Dundee United. McCann returned to Hibs in January 2011 at the end of his loan spell. Inverness manager Terry Butcher commented that he would have been signing McCann again, but he had suffered an injury that would prevent him from playing for up to eight weeks. McCann has not played for Hibs since returning from Inverness and he expected to be released at the end of the 2010–11 season. Hibs confirmed this in late April.
In August 2011, McCann played a trial match for Greenock Morton in the First Division victory over Livingston. On 22 August, McCann signed a short-term deal until January 2012. His contract was not extended following this deal and he was released.
On 10 March 2012, he played in a trial match for Livingston against his former club Greenock Morton. Also setting up a goal for Iain Russell with a cross. After a further two games as a trialist, he signed for them on a short term contract until the end of the season. McCann extended his stay with the West Lothian club by signing a new one-year contract in May 2012. McCann scored in a record victory, 8–0 against Stranraer in Scottish League Cup First round on 4 August 2012.
When his deal at Raith Rovers ended coach Alex Weaver offered a contract to McCann who moved to Singapore, signing for S.League club Warriors Currently playing in a defensive midfield role where he scored his first S league goal against Harimau Muda B team. Scoring also a vital 35-yard free kick against title rivals DPMM Brunei away to in Brunei for Warriors to win 2–3. In his first season became a key player playing every match in the S.League winning season. Became also the first Scottish player to ever win the Singapore S.League title. He won the 2014 S.League for Warriors making it the clubs ninth in their history.
McCann returned to Scotland in January 2016, signing for Scottish Championship side Falkirk on a short-term deal until the end of the season. Falkirk finished second in the league and were also runners-up in the play-off final.
In August 2016 McCann signed for Albion Rovers.
McCann was selected for Scotland under-21 after breaking into the Hibs first team. He also earned selection for Scotland under–20 in the lead up to the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, but was prevented from playing in the tournament due to injury.
- Kevin McCann – U20 Squad, Scottish Football Association.
- Kevin McCann – U21 Squad, Scottish Football Association.
- "Aberdeen 2–2 Hibernian". BBC Sport. 10 January 2007.
- "SPL – Whittaker makes Rangers switch". Eurosport. 1 August 2007.
- "McCann can fill Whittaker's boots". Eurosport. 10 August 2007.
- "Kevin McCann could ease Hibs' selection woes". Daily Record. 2 May 2008.
- "Hibs snatch defender Van Zanten". BBC Sport. 6 May 2008.
- "McCann's season is over after another injury setback". Scotland on Sunday. 23 November 2008.
- "Hibs kid Kevin set for cruel summer". Edinburgh Evening News. 21 May 2009.
- "Hibs: Van Zanten welcomes McCann duel". Edinburgh Evening News. 15 August 2009.
- Strachan, Colleen (17 April 2010). "John Hughes willing to call on Kevin McCann as injuries mount". Edinburgh Evening News. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Player Update". Hibernian FC. 16 July 2010. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Boost for Inverness Caley Thistle as Kevin McCann shakes off injury". Daily Record. 4 September 2010. Retrieved 4 September 2010.
- "Dundee Utd 0–4 Inverness CT". BBC Sport. 22 August 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Kasiewicz, Stephen (21 January 2011). "Inverness are keen on Raith Rovers attacker Tade". The Press and Journal. Retrieved 21 January 2011.
- Marshall, Alan (22 April 2011). "Hibs star Kevin McCann admits his future lies elsewhere as contract runs down". Daily Record. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Hibernian to release 10 players". BBC Sport. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "LIVE: Greenock Morton 2 – 1 Livingston". Scottish Football League. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- "McCann signs". Greenock Morton FC. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- Tait, Chris (4 January 2012). "Ton offer Young contract extension". Greenock Telegraph. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Greenock Morton 1 – 3 Livingston". Scottish Football League. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Short term deal for McCann". Livingston F.C. 29 March 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- "Quartet sign new contracts". Livingston F.C. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "New Signing at Stark's Park". Raith Rovers F.C. 26 October 2013. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "A Scot in Singapore". MOBO Sports Management. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- Koh, Gary (18 February 2014). "S.League Club Preview: Warriors FC". FourFourTwo. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Bairns recruit Kevin McCann". falkirkfc.co.uk. 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "Falkirk sign Kevin McCann as Kieran Duffie departs". The Scottish Sun. 28 January 2016. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- "SQUAD NAMED FOR PORTUGAL". Scottish Football Association. 24 January 2008.