|Alma mater||University of Dhaka (B.S.),
University of Southampton (Ph.D.)
Khondkar Siddique-e-Rabbani (born 9 May 1950) is a Bangladeshi Biomedical physicist and innovator who has been a pioneering figure in developing the Focused Impedance Measurement method. In 2008 he has been awarded the Academy Gold Medal by Bangladesh Academy of Sciences for his contribution to physical sciences in Bangladesh. Rabbani is the founding chairperson of the Department of Biomedical Physics and Technology (BMPT) at the University of Dhaka. After finishing his PhD from the University of Southampton in the UK he returned to Bangladesh despite offers from other European universities.
Rabbani became the first Chairperson of the post graduate department of Biomedical Physics & Technology at Dhaka University in November 2008.
Rabbani has been working to improve the condition of economically deprived people of Bangladesh through innovating low cost and easily accessible technologies. He had three major innovations cited by Bangladesh Academy of Sciences as, "A simple and low cost method to destroy diarrhoeal germs in water using solar radiation; Surface water free of Arsenic that can be made drinkable; a localised electrical impedance technique named ‘Focused Impedance Method (FIM), having the potential to study, diagnose or characterize medical conditions including lung, stomach and vascular functions and some cancers; a nerve conduction measurement technique ‘Distribution of F-latency, (DFL), that can give inner profile of conduction velocity of motor nerve fibres in a nerve trunk, for which no clinically suitable method existed before. Khondkar Rabbani is a blogger and he writes his views on politics, economics and religion apart from traditional thinking.
- Focused impedance measurement (FIM). A new technique with improved zone localization., Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1999 April 20;873:408-20.
- BAS Gold Medal Award Ceremony 2011, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Khondkar Siddique-e-Rabbani gets the Academy Gold Medal Award from Bangladesh Academy of Sciences.
- Dr. Khondkar Siddique-e-Rabbani, his homepage on the website of Dhaka University
- TEDxDhaka: Dr. K. Siddique-e Rabbani - Innovating Healthcare Technology for the deprived 80%
- Britter Baire