Kick a Little (song)
|"Kick a Little"|
|Single by Little Texas|
|from the album Kick a Little|
|B-side||"Hit Country Song"|
|Released||August 16, 1994|
|Format||CD single, cassingle, 7"|
|Label||Warner Bros. Nashville 18103|
|Songwriter(s)||Porter Howell, Dwayne O'Brien Brady Seals|
|Producer(s)||Little Texas, Christy Dinapoli, Doug Grau|
|Little Texas singles chronology|
"Kick a Little" is a song performed by American country music group Little Texas. It was released in August 1994 as the first single and title track from their album of the same name. It was their tenth single overall. It was written by the band's chief songwriters: lead guitarist Porter Howell, guitarist Dwayne O'Brien and keyboardist and vocalist Brady Seals. The song reached #5 on the Billboards Hot Country Songs chart and #4 on the Canadian RPM country tracks chart.
"Kick a Little" is an up-tempo song sung by lead singer Tim Rushlow. The song's narrator imparts the words of his father, who was never the first to fight but was always willing to stand up for what he believed or to defend his family.
The music video premiered in September 1994 on Country Music Television, and was directed by Jon Small. The band is shown playing live to an empty room. During the guitar solo, a tornado breaks down the door and meets the band on stage where they continue to play while being bombarded with debris. At the end of the video, an unknown actor exclaims "Man that Texas twister sho' can kick!" as debris flies up in the air from him kicking his foot. This was also the band's last music video to feature Brady Seals, who was a member of Little Texas from 1988 to 1994 before he left for a solo career.
"Kick a Little" debuted on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of August 27, 1994.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||4|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||8|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||34|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 242. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Kick a Little (CD). Little Texas. Warner Bros. Records. 1994. 206576.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 2653." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. November 14, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- "Little Texas – Chart history" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Little Texas.
- "Little Texas – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Little Texas.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1994". RPM. December 12, 1994. Retrieved August 4, 2013.