Kids Run Free
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Martine Verweij and Catherine O'Carroll|
|Type||Youth and Sport Charity|
|Slogan||Start Young, Stay Fit|
Kids Run Free organises monthly races for children aged between 0 and 16 years. Races take place on every first Saturday of the month. Organisers are committed to involving children regardless of their ability or socio economic background. Entrants are provided with individual wristbands containing barcodes which collect finishing times. The first Kids Run Free event was held in Solihull in May 2011. Other locations were launched in Leamington Spa in July 2011, Coventry in April 2012, and Birmingham in May 2012.
Since March 2012 former Olympic athlete and world record holder David Moorcroft has served as a patron for Kids Run Free. Moorcroft is actively involved with Kids Run Free events and was present at the launch of the charity’s Coventry race location.
Kids Run Free works in partnership with its sister organisation Raceways. Raceways is a Multisport Event Management company committed to organising races for adults. The proceeds of Raceways events are donated to Kids Run Free.
- "Children on the run for fitness". Solihull News. 2011-09-15. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "Your Sport: Kings Heath Kids Run Free event to launch - Birmingham Mail". birminghammail.net. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "Olympic legend David Moorcroft launches Kids Run Free project". Coventry Observer. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- Published on Monday 27 February 2012 13:00 (2012-02-27). "Creative minds name mascot for Kids Run Free - Community". Leamington Courier. Retrieved 2012-07-15.
- "Home | Raceways". Raceways.eu. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2012-07-15.