Kill the Sun
|Kill the Sun|
|Studio album by|
|Released||May 5, 2003|
|Studio||Principal Studios (Münster)|
DRP Studio (Bochum)
|Singles from Kill the Sun|
This is the band's debut album. All songs which were to be found on the demo already plus another five which had been written in the meantime were recorded for it with producer Dirk Riegner, also known as the keyboard player of Secret Discovery and recently as the producer of Milú. After a short period of pre-production at Dirk Riegner's studio, which then was located right beside the grounds of the Zeche Bochum, the band entered Principal Studio in Münster in 2003. Within one week, the instrumental parts were recorded, and for the vocal recordings the band again went to Bochum to the small studio of the producer. Afterwards, the album was mixed on the grounds of the Horus Sound Studios (also Guano Apes etc.) in Hannover at a small studio of mixing engineer Modo Bierkamp. Three months later, the result—provided with an artwork by Kai Hoffmann (also Secret Discovery)— hit the stores on May 5, 2003, and at once met with as much approval as to enter the German charts: On number 98 it only just hit them, but this was quite remarkable for a German band whose sound mainly was and still is influenced by gothic metal.
All tracks are written by Marco Heubaum, except where noted.
|1.||"Kill the Sun"||3:23|
|3.||"Ginger" (lyrics: Lisa Schaphaus, music: Heubaum, Schaphaus)||4:56|
|5.||"Forever Yours" (Schaphaus)||5:08|
|7.||"So You Disappear"||4:42|
|9.||"Isis/Osiris" (Heubaum, Schaphaus)||3:50|
All information from the album booklet.
- Lisa Schaphaus – vocals
- Marco Heubaum – guitars, keyboards, programming
- Philip Restemeier – guitars
- Roland Krueger – bass
- Gerit Lamm – drums
- Deutung – cello on "She's Nirvana"
- Marco Minnemann – percussion on "She's Nirvana"
- Andreas Litschel – intro on "Isis/Osiris"
- Kai Hoffmann – artwork, intro on "So You Disappear"
- Britta Kühlmann – engineering
- Modo Bierkamp – mixing, mastering
- Dirk Riegner – producer, keyboards, programming
- Dirk Schelpmeier – photography
- Malmstedt, Kalle (1 July 2003). "Xandria: Kill the Sun". releasemagazine.net. Retrieved May 21, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Xandria: Kill The Sun". discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "XANDRIA: Kill The Sun". drakkar.de. Retrieved 2014-01-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Xandria, Kill The Sun". charts.de. Retrieved 2014-01-27. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- (2003). "Kill the Sun liner notes". In Kill the Sun [CD booklet]. Drakkar Entertainment.