|Years active||1994 to present|
|Known for||Co-owner of Growing Generations|
|Awards||Hostetter-Habib Family Award from the Family Equality Council|
Bergman works in the surrogacy field, after entering the field in 1994. Prior to this she was a clinical psychologist. In 1996, she closed her practice and began work as a psychologist for the firm Growing Generations, where she is now a co-owner. At Growing Generations, Bergman has been involved in more than 1700 surrogacies, and Bergman has worked as an advocate for LGBTQ rights and civil rights legislation. She has also discussed surrogacy issues in the media.
Kim Bergman's research has been published in journals including Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity and the Journal of GLBT Family Studies. Her book Your Future Family: The Essential Guide to Assisted Reproduction was published in 2019. The book focuses on assisted reproduction issues and provides advice to prospective parents.
Honors and awards
Bergman and her wife Natalie have two daughters.
- Myers, K. C. "Biggest Family Week in Provincetown history starts Saturday". Wicked Local Provincetown.
- "How a Trailblazer in Surrogacy and Sperm and Egg Donation Helped Thousands Become Parents". People Magazine.
- Mundy, Liza (September 11, 2008). Everything Conceivable: How Assisted Reproduction Is Changing Our World. Anchor Books. p. 102. ISBN 9781400095377.
- "A Basic Guide To The Complicated World Of Surrogacy". HuffPost Canada. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2021.
- "Meet Kim Bergman of Growing Generations in Midtown and Museum Square - Voyage LA Magazine | LA City Guide". Voyage LA.
- "What it took for Kim, Kanye to have 2 babies via surrogate". New York Post. 13 May 2019.
- "Here's What Everyone Gets Wrong About Gestational Surrogacy". Parade Magazine. May 1, 2019. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "APA PsycNet".
- Bergman, Kim; Rubio, Ritchie J.; Green, Robert-Jay; Padrón, Elena (May 5, 2010). "Gay Men Who Become Fathers via Surrogacy: The Transition to Parenthood". Journal of GLBT Family Studies. 6 (2): 111–141. doi:10.1080/15504281003704942. S2CID 54772645.
- Dodge, David (April 17, 2020). "What to Know Before Your Surrogacy Journey". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- Mazziotta, Julie; Baylis, Sheila (February 7, 2019). "What You Need to Know if You're Considering Surrogacy". People. Retrieved 18 March 2021.
- "Author of new book on assisted reproduction hopes to empower soon-to-be LGBTQ parents - Gay Lesbian Bi Trans News Archive". Windy City Times. 11 June 2019.
- Lane, Cassandra (April 29, 2019). "'Your Future Family' Offers Advice For Parent Hopefuls". L.A. Parent.
- "Family Equality Council to Honor Kim Bergman, Scott Ellis, Sergio Trujillo at May 6 New York Gala". Family Equality. March 26, 2019.
- "Photo Flash: Broadway Stars Shine at NIGHT AT THE PIER Gala". BroadwayWorld.com.
- Miller, Susan. "LGBTQ families are on the cusp of dramatic growth, and millennials lead the way". USA TODAY.
- LGBTQ Parents, Don't Lie to Your Kids About Their Origins (Excerpt from Your Future Family: The Essential Guide to Assisted Reproduction)
- Which Partner Provides the Sperm in Gay Family Planning? (Excerpt from Your Future Family: The Essential Guide to Assisted Reproduction)