Kim Prisu, a pseudonym for Joaquim António Gonçalves Borregana (born 15 November 1962), is a Portuguese painter. After 34 years in France, he once more lives in Portugal. His work combines Figuration Libre, French street art of the 1980s, digital imaging and Art singulier.
Early life and education
In 1977, he started hanging out in Paris, initially interested by rock and other urban music. Not being interested in making music himself, he started promoting friends' groups with hand-made posters that he had photocopied, and also by stencilling groups' names.
In 1979, at the invitation of his drawing instructor, he had his first group show, and the same year with Joaquim Pereira he founded the group "Explorateurs du gris". In 1980 he came up with the concept of Nuklé-Art, global interdisciplinary art for the children of the Nuclear Age; in 1984 this led to his co-founding the group of the same name with Kriki (Christian Vallée) and Paul Etherno. The group dissolved in mid-1987 into the Médias-Peintres, whose activities are close to those of Figuration Libre, including street stencilling, postering of painted work and performance art. Nuklé-Art exhibited at gallery Patras and the Galerie Photo graffitis, participated in the first Binoche sale, the 1986 Les jeunes débarquent and are in the book Pochoir a la Une and in Jacques Renard's film Murmures Impatiens in the series Paris impromptu.
In 1990, he painted on the Berlin Wall, on 9 of the 1,300 metres that remain and make up the East Side Gallery. He painted there again in 2009 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the fall of the wall.
In the 1990s he exhibited at Paris galleries including Anne Rouff, Christophe, and the galerie sanguine. In 1996 he returned to Portugal.
Kim Prisu's work is his own response to the global tribe in a world constantly changing, a singular vision of contemporaneity. a great mix of imagination in colors Videomatik. inspires in the multicultural mosaic that connects their sensations, emotions and life philosophy to give us to see a visual concept in various directions from your world.
Today he also works on public art sculptures made from materials of recycling, performance art painting, conceptual and gestural, posters, illustration books, digital and video art, graffiti and stenciling, as well as the tradition of the plastic arts and in azulejos, theatre and Inpensamental poetry. He is a corresponding academic of FEBACLA in Brazil.
Kim Prisu has exhibited in more than 60 exhibitions in Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Poland and USA. Works it of Kim Prisu is represented by Galléries. Betsy Frank Galery, Florida USA, Galery Fabulas Urbis Lisbon, and in supply in the gallery Corinne Bonnet Paris
- 1979, founded the group Explorateur du Gris, first group exhibition of drawings, Bouse du Travail, Saint-Denis
- 1980–1985, exhibitions at various small venues in Paris
- 1984, with Kriki and Paul Etherno, founded Nuklé-Art: numerous performances and exhibits during the 1980s
- 1985, exhibition Black and Rock, Rex Club, Paris; Galerie Bateau Gabes, Issy les Moulineaux
- 1986–1996, first auction sale, publication of Pochoir à la Une, collective and solo exhibitions at Galerie du Jour, Galerie Photo Graffiti, L’Avant Musée Beaubourg, Pulsion advertising agency, les médias peintres at Galerie J.M Patras, Affichage Avenir postering event, Paris
- 1987, exhibition at Atelier du Spectacle; Préfiguration du Graffiti, two collective exhibitions and performances, Librairie, L'autre Rive; Histoire de Rocker exhibition, Maison de la Villette, Paris
- 1998–1999, Shablemen and Frankreich, exhibitions in 20 locations in Germany, organised by Christophe Maisenbacher and Fischer Boot books
- 1990, invitational exhibition with A. L. Tony at Galerie Anne Rouff, Paris; East Side, Galerie fresco on Berlin Wall, Berlin; O Lavrador public art sculpture with A. L. Tony, Aldeia da Dona, Portugal
- 1991, Galerie Anne Rouff, Galerie Christophe, Paris
- 1992, Figuration fin de millénaire group exhibition, Espace Belleville, Paris
- 1993, group exhibition, Espace Cléau, Paris
- 1994, Peintres portugais de Paris group exhibition, Espace Império and Galerie Magelan, Paris; group exhibition, museum, Vilar Maior, Portugal; exhibition Puzzle da vida, Gallery Clube arte 50, Lisbon
- 1995, O pintor elétrico exhibition at Terras da Beira magazine, Guarda, Portugal; collective exhibition, museum of Famalicão da serra, Portugal; O Pastor a cabra e o cão public art sculpture in iron, Aldeia da Dona, Portugal
- 1996, Tout Azimute exhibition, Rolland Garros and Galerie Sanguine, Paris; exhibition at Galerie le Garage, Lorgues, France.
- 1997, L’origine de la Racine Tout Azimut exhibition, Espace Império, Paris
- 1998–1999, work for sale at Galerie le Singulier, Paris
- 2000, Boucherie D´Art group exhibition, Le Garage gallery and various locations in the South of France; Lavrador de Salselas public art sculpture in iron, museum, Salselas, Portugal; with A. L. Tony, O Cavador public art sculpture in iron, Aldaeia da Dona, Portugal
- 2001, As cores da Guarda group exhibition, Paço da Cultura, Guarda, Portugal
- 2002, group exhibitions, São João cinema, Palmela, Portugal; Expai d´Art. Lambere, Centro cultural, Jáveia, Spain, Auditorium Municipal, Pinhal Novo, Portugal; ZAPPING exhibition, gallery Paço da cultura, Guarda, Portugal
- 2003, CALEIDOSCÓPIO exhibition, S. João cinema, Palmela, Portugal; Avante biennial, Seixal, Portugal; Les nouvelles Figurations, biennial, Coruche, Portugal; Deixem-me dançar em variarias vibrações, PIA, Pinhal Novo, Portugal
- 2004, group exhibition, PIA, Pinhal Novo, Portugal; exhibitions at Com Estoria and gallery Ícone, Setúbal, Portugal; painting Naissance de trait bleu included in Son et lumière group exhibition, Pompidou Centre, Paris
- 2005, Exporádico group exhibition, Guston factory, Alhos Vedros, Portugal; Gritos soltos na minha memória, exhibition at Republica e Resistência museum, Lisbon; exhibition at Setcom, Quinta do Anjo, Portugal; biennials, Seixal and Coruche, Portugal; with A. L. Tony, Alegria public art sculpture in painted cement, Aldeia da Dona, Portugal
- 2006, exhibitions at gallery Santa Teresa, Setúbal, Portugal, gallery Bleu Bœuf, Puget-ville, France, Paradigme at gallery Garage, Lorgues, France; Vernissage d'Art group exhibition, Pousada, Palmela, Portugal
- 2007, RESQUÍCIOS DE MITOS NUM ENSEJO DE AMPLIAR exhibition, Gallery do Paço da Cultura, Guarda, Portugal; Romance de mundos exhibition at O sol moí o pai, Pinhal Novo, Portugal; exhibition at the old railway station, Pinhal Novo, Portugal, during O Cão Amarelo alternative cinema festival; biennial, Seixal, Portugal; Aquilo à Mostra! group exhibition, Gallery do Paço da Cultura, Guarda, Portugal
- 2008 4.2 metre tall public art sculpture in iron, Pinhal Novo, Portugal, a monument to traditional cultures; 50 metres of azulejos panels, José Maria Dos Santos school, Pinhal Novo; exhibition at museum, Sabugal, Portugal
- 2009, new Berlin Wall fresco commemorating the tenth anniversary of its fall, East Side Gallery, Berlin; Os elétricos exhibition, Galeria Fabula Urbis, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2010, Exhibition, Camões library, Lisbon; Kolorofon project group exhibition, Gdynia, Poland
- 2011, Fragment de temps exhibition, library gallery, Palmela, Portugal
- 2012, mural painting studio and exhibition, Caixa de Pandora, Pinhal Novo, Portugal; Fado singulier exhibition, gallery Fabula Urbis, Lisbon, and municipal theatre, Guarda, Portugal; Momentos volúveis exhibition, Odisseia association, auditorium, Pinhal Novo, Portugal
- 2013, King’s Queer Art Collection covers project, ISBA, Besançon, and gallery Dufay/Bonnet, Paris; A Risco heidesassossegar em Pessoa exhibition, gallery Fabula Urbis, Lisbon; art direction for theatrical presentation Putos, Artimanha theatre, Pinhal Novo, Portugal. Awarded pincel de ouro (golden paintbrush) by FEBACLA, Brazil.
- 2014, King's Queer art Collection, ART association gallery, Trévoux, France and Tahiti
- Exhibition: "I have a dream". Gallery Fabula Urbis, Lisbon.
- Exhibition: Gallery of the ASL space, Pinhal Novo Portugal
- Exhibition: ""Le corps dérangé/dérangeant de la femme" " Walls and Rights #2. Pantin, Paris
- Movie: East side gallery, Karin Kaper und Dirk Szuszies Filmemacher, (Berlim)
- 2015- Exhibition: Miramar Library, "Betsy Frank Gallery", Miramar Florida USA
- Exhibition "The Art of Kim Prisu" place Pembroke Pines Library / Walter C. Young / Resource Center Pembroke Pines, Florida USA
- Exhibition: "A inspiração gira" Fábula Urbis Gallery, Lisbon
- Exhibition: Gallery of the ASL space, Pinhal Novo Portugal
- SKINNER AUCTIONEERS: lot:466 and 467 63 Park Plaza Boston, MA 02116 United States
- Exhibition:Betsy Frank Gallery Present: Kim Prisu in Space City of Hollywood,2600 Hollywood Boulevard Hollywood, Florida USA
- 2016,- The art exhibition of Kim Prisu, Art Gallery at Westfield Broward Shopping Mall. Organized by: Betsy Frank Gallery...Address: 8000 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL 33388, United States.
- Exhibition: Clinical Dermofil space Lisbon
- Exhibition: " Fábulas, Estórias, Histórias" Fábula Urbis Gallery, Lisbon
- Exhibition: “THE JOY OF LIFE” The art exhibition of Kim Prisu, Organized by: Betsy Frank Gallery in Miramar Branch library, Miramar Florida, United States
- Exhibition:In an act performed on November 18, 2016, Artist Kim Prisu, through Betsy Frank Gallery, made a donation of a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to the African American Research Library Cultural Center Broward County Library located in the city of Fort Lauderdale Florida, This work happens to be part of the collection of Art of the Museum.
- 2017-Exhibition at art of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Exhibition (Fables, stories) House in the municipality of Sabugal. Lisbon Portugal
- Exhibition Spring Art Festival and Betsy Frank Gallery in West Palm Beach USA
- Exhibition Danieli Art World Gallery 925 N Railroad Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401 USA
- Exhibition ASL Tomé gallery Pinhal Novo Portugal