Kimber Pro Aegis II
|Place of origin||United States|
|Variants||Custom Aegis II
Pro Aegis II
Ultra Aegis II
|Feed system||8-round magazines|
The Kimber Aegis is a series of M1911 pistols chambered in 9mm Luger and made by Kimber Manufacturing. It includes the subcompact Ultra Aegis II, the compact Pro Aegis II, and the full-sized Custom Aegis II.
The Aegis has an aluminum frame, a black steel slide with a flat top, fluted rosewood grips, and tritium night sights.
The Aegis has several features designed to enhance its use for concealed carry. The aluminum frame reduces the weight of the gun. The grips are thin, slightly decreasing the width of the pistol. To minimize snagging, the hammer does not have a spur, and the thumb safety and magazine release have a reduced profile. Additionally, the edges of the gun are rounded with a "carry melt" treatment.
- Wilson, Jim. "Why I Like Mini 1911s", Shooting Times
- Venola, Richard. "A Widow's Path", Guns & Ammo, November 2007
- Decker, Aaron J. "2006 Editor's Roundtable, Day Four", Guns & Ammo
- "Kimber Aegis II 9mm", Gun Tests, January 17, 2007
- Rodriguez, Greg. "Stylin' with Kimber's Aegis II", Guns & Ammo Annual: The Complete Book of the Model 1911, 2008
- Boyd, Bob. Kimber Pro Aegis II review, American Rifleman