Kings County Distillery
|Founded||New York City, New York, 2009|
New York City, New York,
|New York City|
Number of employees
Kings County Distillery is a distillery located at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in Brooklyn, New York City. It produces corn whiskey, bourbon whiskey, and rye whiskey, as well as other American craft whiskeys.
Kings County Distillery was founded by Colin Spoelman and David Haskell in 2009, spurred by changes in New York State law regarding the licensing of microdistilleries. It officially began production out of its 330 square feet (31 m2) warehouse in April 2010.
In 2012, the distillery moved into the Brooklyn Navy Yard and installed copper whiskey stills imported from Scotland. The distillery focuses on a variety of unusual American whiskeys, being named part of America's New Whiskey Rebellion by Whiskey Advocate, with unusual whiskeys like a Peated Bourbon, American Single Malt, and a craft Bottled in bond bourbon. The distillery is also making Empire Rye, a project to establish a new standard of identity for New York made rye with other craft distillers.
Kings County began by releasing an unaged corn whiskey, but as the distillery has grown it now has a wider portfolio of whiskeys aged 2-5 years.
- Kings County Moonshine
- Kings County Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Kings County Peated Bourbon
- Kings County Single Malt Whiskey
- Kings County Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon
- Kings County Empire Rye
- Kings County Chocolate Whiskey
In 2016, Kings County Distillery was named "Distillery of the Year" by the American Distilling Institute.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kings County Distillery.|
- Reddy, Sumathi (25 June 2010). "Brooklyn Whiskey Run". The Wall Street Journal.
- David Haskell and Colin Spoelman (25 April 2010). "New York City's First Distillery Since Prohibition". New York Magazine.
- McGeehan, Patrick. "Distillery's Small Batches May Soon Be Less Small". New York Times.
- Beaumont, Stephen. "The New Whiskey Rebellion".
- Crowley, Chris. "Kings County Distillery's Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More". Grub Street.
- Tishgart, Sierra. "Kings County Distillery Is Winning Major Awards". Grub Street.