City Of Arches
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (Eastern Caribbean Time Zone (ECT))|
Kingstown is the capital, chief port, and main commercial centre of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. With a population of 12,909 (2012), Kingstown is the most populous settlement in the country. It is the centre for the island's agricultural industry and a port of entry for tourists. The city lies within the parish of Saint George in the south-west corner of Saint Vincent.
The botanical garden, conceived in 1765, is one of the oldest in the Western hemisphere. William Bligh, made famous from the Mutiny on the Bounty, brought seed of the breadfruit tree here for planting, c. 1793.
- Botanic Gardens St. Vincent: Located on the northern outskirts of Kingstown are the Botanical Gardens. Kingstown is overlooked by Fort Charlotte on the north side of town. It is located 190 metres (620 ft) above sea level.
- The St. George's Cathedral
- The Cruise Ship Berth
- "Exploring Kingstown". discoversvg.com. St. Vincent and the Grenadines Tourism Authority. Archived from the original on 28 October 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Kingstown". Wikimapia. Retrieved 2 March 2013.
- "2012 POPULATION & HOUSING CENSUS PRELIMINARY REPORT" (PDF). Statistical Office Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Retrieved 19 May 2021.
- "About Kingstown (St Vincent and the Grenadines)". Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- "History in Kingstown (St Vincent)". Exploring Tourism. Archived from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 29 October 2017.
- http://www.bioversityinternational.org/index.php?id=21&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=531&tx_ttnews%5BbackPID%5D=%7Bpage:uid%7D&no_cache=1 Archived 5 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kingstown". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "Attractions:Kingstown". Frommer's. Retrieved 29 October 2013.