The Kinuura Rinkai Railway (衣浦臨海鉄道, Kinuura Rinkai Tetsudō, "Kinuura Seaside Railway") is a freight-only railway company in Aichi Prefecture, Japan, operating since 1971. The two lines operated by the company lines serve the industrial area of the Port of Kinuura, Mikawa Bay. They mainly transport cement, fly ash, and calcium carbonate.
The Kinuura Rinkai Railway operates two unconnected lines: the 3.4 km (2.1 mi) Handa Line from Higashi-Narawa (on the JR Central Taketoyo Line) to Handa-Futō, and the 8.2 km (5.1 mi) Hekinan Line from Higashiura (also on the Taketoyo Line) to Hekinanshi. Both lines are 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) gauge and non-electrified.
As of 1 April 2014, the company operates a fleet four 1,350 hp Class KE65 diesel locomotives (numbered KE65 1 to 3 and 5), based at Handa-Futō Depot. Locomotive number KE65 2 has been stored out of use since September 2011. The locomotives receive major overhauls at JR facilities such as Omiya and Hiroshima Works.
The Kinuura Rinkai Railway was established on 8 April 1971. The Handa Line opened on 15 November 1975, and the Hekinan Line opened on 25 May 1977, from Higashiura to Gongenzaki. The section of the line from Hekinan to Gongenzaki was closed as of 1 April 2006.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 117. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2014 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2014]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 24 July 2014. p. 103. ISBN 978-4-330-48414-3.
- "衣浦臨海鉄道KE65-3が輸送される" [Kinuura Rinkai Railway KE65-3 moved]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "KE65 1が甲種輸送される" [KE65 1 moved]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Official website (in Japanese)