With his video and installations Kirill researches theory of media, semiotics and pop-culture and its relation to everyday reality. Being personally interested and involved in social spheres, from techno-culture to contemporary forms of political protests, Kirill addresses abstract ideas as if they were material and can be expressed aesthetically.
One of the pioneers of video art in Russia.
From 1990 to 1993 took part in activities of group Van Gogh TV, for example in project Piazza Virtuale, at documenta 9 in 1992. Was a part of Out-Governmental Control Commission  Founded label VIDIOT. Now he is professor of New Media faculty in The Rodchenko Moscow School of Photography and Multimedia. Holds Cheremushki apartment gallery.
- 1991 — «He» (with A. Belyaev). School Gallery, Moscow.
- 1992 — «He» (with A. Belyaev). Museum of Paleontology, Moscow.
- 1994 — «JU-87» (with A. Belyaev). Regina Gallery, Moscow.
- 1994 — «Laboratory of frozen subsoil». Free Academy, Moscow
- 1997 — "Platinum century. Fancy-dress party" (with A. Belyaev), Center of contemporary art, Moscow.
- 2001 — «Subject and power. Lyrical voice», Art-Moscow, Moscow.
- 2003 — «Plan №9» (with A.Smirnsky), XL-gallery, Moscow
- 2006 — «Love songs» (with S.Glushkova), Paperworks Gallery, Moscow
- 2006 — «Re-action» (with Radek Community), Play-gallery for still and motion pictures, Berlin
- 2002/07/09 — «ISM I, II, III» («Incredible Strange Museum»), XL-gallery, Moscow; Central House of Artist, Moscow
- 2007 — History of Russian Videoart. Vol.1, Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow
- 2007 — «Documenta 12», Kassel
- 2007 — Ottobre. Uscita, Desiderio e Memoria, Artra, Milan
- 2008 — Industrial Lies, Dispari & Dispari Project, Reggio Emilia
- 2009 — History of Russian Videoart. Vol.2, Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow
- 2010 — Objects in Mirror Are Closer than They Appear: About videoart in Russia, Futura, Prague
- 2010 — History of Russian Videoart. Vol.3, Moscow Museum of Modern Art, Moscow
- Spiegel: Some of the art at this year's Documenta has escaped the confines of the exhibition halls and intervened in Kassel's public spaces -- like Kirill Preobrazhenskiy's "Tram 4 Inner Voice Radio," a sound installation played on a busy public transportation route. This strategy has been tried before, though. From 1982 through 1987, Joseph Beuys came to Kassel and planted 7,000 trees alongside slabs of stone as part of an installation called "7,000 Oaks," for Documenta 7. Visitors still snap photos of the trees, which have become an internationally renowned work of art. Kassel residents rarely take a second glance.
- Piazzetta Moskau Organisation http://www.crumbweb.org/~sarah/broadcastyourself/?page_id=32
- (Anatoly Osmolovsky, Avdey Ter-Ogan'yan, Oleg Kireev, Kirill Preobrazhensky, Dmitry Pimenov, Dmitry Mudel). Barricade. 1998 [02:20] http://blackduckarts.blogspot.com/2009/03/paricipation-in-cec08.html