Dr. Kirit Nanubhai Shelat (born 1946) was a public administrator for the government of Gujarat, India. He is currently associated with NGOs and Trusts.
Dr. Kirit Nanubhai Shelat is Ph.D in Public Administration. He recently retired from the Indian Administrative Service. During his career of 40 years, he started from the grass-root level. He has his hand in the formulation and implementation of policies for Agricultural, rural and Industrial development for Government of Gujarat, India. He has worked as Head of various Government Departments and Public Undertakings.
He has designed and implemented large-scale projects for poor families, farmers, and micro entrepreneurs and remote rural areas. He has made a significant contribution in the development process of Gujarat, Inda. He developed guidelines for Micro-level planning with focus on individual poor family and village development plan. He was responsible for “Cluster development approach’ for small industries and “Step up project for rural micro level Entrepreneurs. He developed micro level production plan module for individual farmer and has his hand in restructuring the Gujarat agriculture sector. He introduced new extension approach of meeting with farmers at their door step prior to monsoon by team led by agriculture scientist. He introduced scientific agriculture based on soil health and moisture analysis and providing a soil health card to every farmers of Gujarat. This effort went in a long way in developing sustainable agriculture in Gujarat will growth rate of 11% per annum in the last decade. After his retirement as Principal Secretary – Agriculture and Cooperation Department, Government of Gujarat, he is associated with multi-dimensional rural and agricultural development programmes.
He is also the Founder Members of International School for Public Leadership and Executive Chairman of National Council for Climate Change Sustainable Development and Public Leadership (NCCSD) and Chairman of the Sub Group - “Enhancing Preparedness for Climate Change” set up Planning Commission, India for the 12th Five Year Plan.
He is author of number of books related Rural and Agricultural Development and Mitigation of Global Warming and Public Leadership.
- Biography of Param Pujya Shri. Pramukhswamiji Maharaj–“Yug Purush”–English Edition–2004, Gujarati Edition–(2005), Hindi Edition (2006)–Shree Bhagwati Trust–Ahmedabad., Telugu edition - 2007
- Planning for Rural Development (Vol.1)–methodology for Micro Level Planning for Rural Development–1980–Gujarat State Rural Development Corporation–Gandhinagar, Gujarat–India.
- Planning for Rural Development (Vol. II)–Evaluation of Rural Development Programme–guidelines for Field Level Officers–1982. Gujarat State Rural Development Corporation, Gandhinagar, Gujarat–India.
- Evolution of Rural Development–1988–Kathan Education Communication Unit, Ahmedabad–India.
- Mapping Development–based on Gujarat Experience (English Edition)–April 2003–Shree Bhagawati Trust–Ahmedabad, and Gujarati Edition–May 2004 Navbharat Publication, Ahmedabad–India.
- Tauka and Village production plan–May 2005–Anand Agriculture University, Anand, Gujarat–India.
- Manual for farmers for crop production plan–May 2005 (Khedut Marg Darshak–Gujarati Version)–Junagadh Agriculture University–Junagadh, Gujarat–India.
- Kirishi Mahotsav–2005–Department of Agriculture and Cooperation, Government of Gujarat–August 2005.
- What Ails our Agriculture - 2007–Shree Bhagwati Trust - April 2007.
- Leadership by Choice and not by Chance–August 2007 (to be released shortly.
- Nayamurti Shri. Nanubhai Shelat Smruti Granth–June 2008
- Shelat Kirit. Mapping development : based on the experience of Gujarat, India / Kirit Shelat. 1st ed. Ahmedabad : Shri Bhagwati Trust, 2003. xii, 273 p. ; 22 cm.
- Shelat Kirit. ગુજરાતના વીકાસના નકશા . 1. āvr̥tti. Amadāvāda : Navabhārata Sāhitya Mandira, 2004. xii, 263 p. ; 23 cm.
- Shelat Kirit. Grāma vikāsa āyojana kāryapaddhati / Kirīṭa Śelata, sahalekhaka Madhusūdana Vājā. Gāndhīnagara : Gujarāta Rājya Grāma Vikāsa Nigama, 1981. 118 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 x 25 cm.
- Shelat, Kirit N. (Kirit Nanubhai), 1946- Evolution of rural development. Ahmedabad : Kathan Education Communication Unit, 1988. 287p.
- Shelat Kirit. "What Ails Our Agriculture?" Ahmedabad: Shree Bhagvati Trust. 2007. 171p.
- The Hindu: Review of Issues in development October 14, 2003
- Gujarat Industrial Development Team: External Aid Coordination Cell Set Up at N.R.G. Bhavan, Circuit House, Ahmedabad