From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The known world may refer to:
- the extent of geographic knowledge of a given culture at a given historical period, see history of geography.
- Early world maps lists a number of maps showing the known world from the perspective of various historical periods.
- Ecumene, a Greek geographical concept for the inhabited or known parts of the world
- The Known World, a 2003 historical novel by Edward P. Jones
- The Known World of Mystara, a campaign setting in the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons
- History of cartography
- Old World
- Ptolemy's world map
- Midgard, a Germanic mythological concept for the abode of man
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Known world.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.