|Founded||April 12, 1957Daegu, South Koreain|
|Revenue||3,905,572,000,000 Won (2014)|
|Total assets||3,537,038,000,000 Won (2014)|
Kolon Industries is a Korean manufacturing company. It was founded in 1957 as Korea Nylon Inc., an early manufacturer in the Korean nylon industry. It has since expanded to produce chemicals, other materials and fashion. In 2015 Kolon Industries opened a shopping mall built with shipping containers, the first of its kind in South Korea. It has a US subsidiary, Kolon USA Inc., selling polyester film and nylon film.
Kolon Industries was the defendant in the lawsuit DuPont v. Kolon Industries, about the alleged theft of trade secrets concerning Kevlar. The lawsuit was settled in 2015, with damages of US$275 million being paid to DuPont. The company also pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to convert trade secrets, for which they will pay $85 million in criminal fines.
- "Financial information". Kolon Industries. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "History". Kolon Industries. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "About us". Kolon Industries. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Shipping Container Mall - Kolon Industries FnC Opens Complex Shopping Mall "Common Ground"". BusinessKorea. April 9, 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Welcome to KOLON USA Inc. (KUSA)". Kolon Industries. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Kolon Industries Inc. Pleads Guilty for Conspiring to Steal DuPont Trade Secrets Involving Kevlar Technology". FBI. April 30, 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Infringement - Kolon Pleads Guilty to Stealing DuPont's Kevlar Tech". BusinessKorea. May 4, 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KOLON Corporation.|
- Official website (English)