||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Sheikh Munasar, Bront Palarae, Rozi Izma|
|Produced by||Sheikh Munasar, James Wong, Bront Palarae, Rozi Izma|
|Written by||Sheikh Munasar, Bront Palarae, Rozi Izma|
|Edited by||Mirage Post|
|Budget||RM 1 million ($308,928)|
|Box office||RM 290,000 ($89,598)|
Kolumpo is a Malaysian anthology film scheduled for release on 5 December 2013. It is a collection of three multilingual short stories directed by Bront Palarae, Sheikh Munasar, and Rozi Izma. The film is produced by the directors alongside associate producer James Wong under the production company Otto Films SDN BHD.
Set in Kuala Lumpur, the story weaves together the common themes of life, hopes and dreams. The cast includes Sharifah Amani, Azad Jazmin, Ruminah Sidek, Nell Ng, Mano Maniam, Soffi Jikan, Sabri Yunus, Sherry Alhadad, Along Eyzandy, Radhi Khalid and Emely Poon.
Rahul, an Indian immigrant arrives in town to discover that the company that offered him a job has gone out of business. He is helped by a local restaurant owner and begins his life in the city as an illegal immigrant worker.
In Setapak, Gienna is a Chinese woman in her thirties who is constantly avoiding phone calls from her mother. She finds herself spending an afternoon helping a stranger, a senile old lady, who cannot remember where her house is.
In Ampang, Hafidd, a young man, meets a pretty stranger at the KLCC LRT station after they both miss the last train. For someone who has never dated anyone in his life, this is a life-defining moment and his only chance at love.
Together the three stories create a collage of the human connections that give life to the city.
There are hidden messages in each of the three short stories. The first story shows the injustice in life can receive further injustice; the second portrays kindness across racial barriers, despite issues of racism in different levels of the Malaysian society; while the final installment delivers a subtle message: When one opens his mind to see the beauty in life, life can be beautiful.
- Sharifah Amani as Siti Nur Hayy
- Azad Jazmin as Rahul
- Nell Ng as Gienna Chan Mei Hu
- Ruminah Sidek as Nek Wok
- Soffi Jikan as Komang
- Amirul Ariff as Hafidd
- Mano Maniam as Vasu
- Radhi Khalid as Feroz
- Sherry Alhadad as Sherry
- Mohd Sabri Yunus as Rahim
- Amirul Affendi as Amin
- Emely Poon as Joyce
- Jee Kutty as Little One
- Rosnah Mat Aris as Anak Nek Wok
- Azhan Rani as Azhan
- Along Eyzandy as Mat Rempit
- S. Nirmell as Arjun
- Nadia Aqila as Siti
- Fairuz Fee Tauhid as Nurul
- Prakash Krishna as Ameerdepp
- K.S Maniam as Boss
- Nigel Kok Yi Jun as Aboy
- Yadiy Taufik as Budak Basikal
KL Kita - Yuna featuring Qi Razali
- OhBulan - http://www.ohbulan.com/filem-kolumpo-lancar-video-sokong-60earthhour/
- PerangFielm - http://perangfilem1.blogspot.com/2012/11/akan-datang-mamak-cupcake.html
- YahooNews - http://my.news.yahoo.com/bront-palarae-arah-filem-kolumpo-032100680.html
- XFM - http://www.xfm.com.my/X-Buzz/Berita-Hiburan/Januari/X-MOVIE--KOLUMPO.aspx
- PerekaCerita - http://www.perekacerita.com/2013/01/filem-kolumpo-ragam-hidup-di-kotaraya.html
- TheStarOnline - http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/1/nation/12524056&sec=nation
- Wanista - http://www.wanista.com/2012/12/filem-2013-sinopsistrailer-filem-kolumpo-arahan-bront-palarae-lakonan-sharifah-amani-azad-jasmin/