Kristopher B. Jones
|Kristopher B. Jones|
Photo by Christopher Nash
|Education||BA, MS, and JD|
|Alma mater||Pennsylvania State University, Villanova University, and Albany Law School|
|Occupation||CEO and company founder|
|Notable work||Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Marketing|
Kristopher B. Jones is an American author and businessperson. He has founded several companies, including Pepperjam, ReferLocal.com, LSEO.com, and KBJ Capital. Jones is also the author of Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Marketing.
In 1999 Jones founded Internet marketing agency and affiliate network Pepperjam, serving as CEO and president of both. In 2009 Jones entered negotiations with GSI Commerce (later eBay Enterprises) in order to sell Pepperjam, agreeing to a price during a meeting with the company's CEO Michael Rubin. Following this, Jones founded and serves as managing partner of KBJ Capital.
He then founded and acts as the CEO of ReferLocal.com. The company began in Northeastern, Pennsylvania connecting online consumers with discount deals from local retailers. In 2011 the company expanded to distribute deals in other regions, including Orlando, Detroit. Cleveland, Baltimore, San Antonio, and the Catskills. These "deals of the day" promotions were advertised through the company's website, in addition to local newspapers, TV, and radio programming. In 2013 the local e-commerce company added classified ads, a business directory and coupons. He also co-created the "French Girls App", which allows users to take a selfie and get drawn by professional artists French Girls App has generated about 1.5 million installs and raised $685,000 from investors, including Christina Milian and Larry English.
In 2014 Jones founded LSEO.com, which is "aimed at helping small to mid-sized businesses increase their local search engine ranking and online visibility". LSEO.com provides a dashboard and scoring system, which provides feedback on various steps taken by clients towards their SEO. Jones has been named the Entrepreneur of the Year by Bank of America, and a finalist for the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year in Greater Philadelphia.
In 2017 Jones and his partner Damon Wayans Jr. appeared on the series Planet of the Apps to pitch their gig booking app Special Guest, which allows users to book live entertainment directly with performers rather than through bookings agencies, in a one-hour episode. They received $1.5 million in funding in the end from the panel of investors.
Jones has been a contributor to publications including Forbes, Fast Company, Inc. Magazine, and Tech Crunch. He is the author of the book Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Marketing, published in 2008. The book was number six on the Mequoda Top 20 Online Publishing Books to Read list in 2009. New print runs of the book were done in 2010 and 2013, with one hundred thousand books sold by 2014. Carsten Cumbrowski, writing for Search Engine Journal, said of the book that, "One of the unique aspects of the book is … how it is designed. It is geared towards the visual folks like myself and uses a tremendous amount of pictures to show things instead of just using words to explain. Virtually every page has a screenshot or illustration and is an integrated part of the book, beyond the simple use as decoration or reinforcement of the written text."
- "Executive Profile: Kristopher B. Jones J.D." Bloomberg. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "10 Surprising Lessons I Learned From Selling My Company to eBay". Inc Magazine. July 9, 2014. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Denise Allabaugh (October 14, 2011). "ReferLocal.com doubles its space to handle growth". Standard Speaker. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- DENISE ALLABAUGH (August 20, 2013). "ReferLocal to launch national website". The Time Tribune. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Carolyn Nicander Mohr (August 1, 2014). "French Girls – Let an Artist Turn Your Selfie into a Portrait (or a Joke)!". Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Denise Allabaugh (September 25, 2014). "Internet entrepreneur launches new company". Citizens Voice. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Board of Advisors". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- "Kris B. Jones profile". Tech Crunch. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Kristopher B. Jones (2013). Search Engine Optimization: Your Visual Blueprint for Effective Internet Marketing. John Wiley & Sons. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Michelle L. Rodriguez (March 27, 2009). "Top 20 Online Publishing Books to Read in 2009". Mequoda. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Kristopher Jones (June 9, 2014). "15 Ways to Prepare for Selling Your Company". Fox Business. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Carsten Cumbrowski (April 9, 2008). "Six Interesting Printed Books (the Ones Made of Paper, Not PDF eBooks)". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved February 26, 2015.