|Born||27 March 1889|
|Died||8 May 1948
Vorkuta, Soviet Union
|Rank||General of the Artillery|
|Commands held||XXXVIII Army Corps|
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Kurt Herzog (27 March 1889, Quedlinburg – 8 May 1948) was a German general during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. Herzog surrendered to the Soviet troops in May 1945 and died in captivity on 8 May 1948.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (26 October 1914) & 1st Class (6 November 1916)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (10 September 1939) & 1st Class (29 September 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1997, p. 277.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 186.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 79.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz (1997). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 1: A–K [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 1: A–K] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2299-6.
|Commander of 291. Infanterie-Division
7 February 1940 - 10 June 1942
Generalleutnant Werner Goeritz
General der Infanterie Siegfried Haenicke
|Commander of XXXVIII. Armeekorps
29 June 1942 - 8 January 1945
Renamed XXXVIII Panzerkorps
|This biographical article related to the German Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|