(Redirected from Kyouko)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Meaning||Multiple meanings depending on the kanji used. Most usual meaning is 'Girl of Kyoto.' Kyoto is a city in Japan|
|Region of origin||Japan|
The final syllable "ko" is typically written with the kanji character for child, 子. It is a common suffix to female names in Japan. The first syllable "Kyō" can be written several different ways, with different meanings.
- 恭, "respectful,"
- 京, "of the city or of the capital,"
- 今日, "of today,"
- 杏, "apricot,"
- 鏡, "mirror,"
- 響, "echo", "influential"
People with the name
- Kyoko Aizome (恭子), an AV actress, singer, director, and writer
- Kyoko Ariyoshi (京子), a Japanese shōjo manga artist
- Kyoko Chan Cox, the daughter of Yoko Ono and jazz musician Anthony Cox
- Kyoko Fukada (恭子), a Japanese actress, model, and singer
- Kyoko Hamaguchi (京子), a Japanese freestyle wrestler
- Kyōko Hasegawa (京子), a Japanese actress
- Kyoko Hayashi (京子), a Japanese author
- Kyoko Hikami (恭子), a Japanese voice actress
- Kyoko Ina (恭子), a Japanese figure skater
- Kyoko Inoue (京子), a Japanese professional wrestler
- Kyoko Iwasaki (恭子), a Japanese swimmer, Olympic gold medalist
- Kyoko Izawa (京子), a Japanese politician
- Kyōko Koizumi (今日子), a Japanese singer and actress
- Kyōko Kishida (今日子), a Japanese actress, voice actress, and children's book writer
- Kyōko Kagawa (京子), a Japanese actress
- Kyoko Kano, an older sister of the Japanese celebrities Kano Sisters
- Kyoko Kitamura, a Japanese American musician
- Kyoko Miyagi aka Kyouko Tonguu (恭子), a Japanese voice actress
- Kyoko Mizuki (杏子), a Japanese writer
- Kyoko Nakajima (中島 京子, born 1964), Japanese writer
- Kyoko Nakayama (恭子), a Japanese politician
- Kyoko Nishikawa (京子), a Japanese politician
- Kyoko Shimazaki (島崎 京子, born 1972), Japanese speed skater
- Kyoko Takezawa (恭子), a Japanese violinist
- Kyoko Terase (今日子), a Japanese voice actress
- Kyoko Yamada, a Japanese voice actress
- Kyoko Harase (京子), a character in the 2003 J-Horror film Ju-on: The Grudge 2
- Kyoko Himeji, a character from Girl's High (Joshikousei)
- Kyoko Kirisaki, a fictional pyrokinetic
- Kyoko Honda (今日子), a character in the manga and anime series Fruits Basket
- Kyoko Minazuki (響子), a playable character in the fighting game series Rival Schools
- Kyoko Iwase(恭子), a racing character from Initial D series.
- Kyoko Mogami (キョーコ), the main heroine of the shōjo manga Skip Beat!
- Kyoko Okitegami (今日子), the main character in Okitegami Kyoko no Biboroku
- Kyoko Otonashi (響子), the female protagonist of the manga and anime series Maison Ikkoku
- Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu (キョウコ), a character in the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Kyoko Sasagawa (京子), a character in the anime series Katekyo Hitman REBORN!
- Kyoko, a friendly home computer in the 2008 Janet Jackson album Discipline.
- Kyoko Hoin, a character in Kodomo no Jikan
- Kyoko Okudera, the main female protagonist in the Japanese horror movie Chakushin Ari 2
- Kyoko, a To-Oh University student in the anime and manga series Death Note (appears volumes 3 and 4, episodes 9, 10, and 15). She is noted for her crush on the Detective L.
- Kyoko Yuuki (結城 京子), Asuna Yuuki's mother in the Sword Art Online series
- Kyoko, a young woman who comes to New York City to find a man who taught her to dance salsa, from the novel Kyoko by Ryū Murakami.
- Kyoko, a character in Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Kyoko, a character in Yukio Mishima's Kyoko no Ie (Kyōko no Ie 鏡子の家)
- Kyoko, a character in Log Horizon
- Kyoko Sakura (佐倉 杏子), a character in Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Kyoko Toshinō, a character in Yuru Yuri
- Kyōko Shirafuji (白藤 杏子), a female character in the manga and anime series Working!!.
- Kyoko Kirigiri, a character in Danganronpa
- Kyoko Ozaki- the wife of Doctor Toshio Ozaki in the anime,manga,and novel, Shiki
- Kyōko Kasodani, a character in Ten Desires
- Kyoko Otonashi
- Kyoko, a novel by Ryū Murakami
- Kyoko or, in English, Because of You, a film inspired by Ryū Murakami's book
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|