||It has been suggested that Dead Waves be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since December 2013.|
Kyte at the Latitude Festival in 2008
|Genres||Rock, electronic, Chillwave, Shoegaze, Dream pop, post-rock Ambient pop|
|Labels||Kids (UK), Erased Tapes (EU), Hostess (JP)|
Kyte comprise Nick Moon (vocals), Tom Lowe (guitars and keyboards), Scott Hislop (drums and percussion). Their earlier musical output was often labelled shoegazing (or neo-shoegazing) and post rock but they have since moved into a more electro and pop influenced sound. Their debut single, "Planet," was released in 2007 on Sonic Cathedral Recordings, the b-side of which, "Boundaries," was used in a trailer for the television series The Sopranos.[not in citation given] Their debut album was released in 2008 on Kids Records (UK) / Erased Tapes Records (EU) to generally positive reviews. In April 2009 they released their second full-length release Science For The Living in Japan. The two disc Japan release featured tracks taken from their 2008 Two Sparks, Two Stars EP, with the remaining tracks being new material. The bonus disc included a remix from The Joy Formidable of the opening track on Disc 1, "Eyes Lose Their Fire."
The band have toured extensively throughout Europe and Asia as well as appearing at many festivals including the 10th Anniversary Summer Sonic Festival in Japan.
During April 2012 the band travelled to Seattle to work with producer John Goodmanson (Nada Surf, Blonde Redhead, Los Campesinos) at the Robert Lang Studios. Their newest album, titled Love To Be Lost, was released in 2012.
- Gourlay, Dom (2008) "DiScover: Kyte", Drowned in Sound
- Lynskey, Dorian (2008) "Kyte review", The Guardian, 15 February 2008
- Maher, John (2008) "Kyte: Kyte (review)", In The News, 14 February 2008
- Baggs, Michael (2007) "High as a Kyte / let's go fly a Kyte et-cetera...", Channel 4 Music Blogs, 17 August 2007 Archived 8 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Trussler, Meryl (2008) "Kyte - Kyte", This Is Fake DIY, 4 February 2008
- Harper, Jamie (2008) "Kyte - Kyte", MusicOMH, 18 February 2008
- Reid, Angus (2008) "Kyte - Kyte", God Is In The TV, 25 January 2008
- "Latitude adds Kyte, Elle S'appelle, and more for Lake Stage ", eFestivals
- Summer Sundae 2008 Line-up
- Nikki Benson (2012) "SSG Music Premiere: UK Band Kyte Shares New Recording at Seattle’s Robert Lang Studios"
- Kyte on Myspace
- Photo gallery of Kyte at Summer Sundae 2010  from BBC Radio Leicester
- Interview with Kyte on new music community Bangingdrum.com
- Kyte live in China, Shanghai CityMoments.cn