Laboratory News July 2011
|Categories||Science & Technology|
Laboratory News is a monthly science magazine aimed at scientists and science professionals at all levels and from all fields. Founded in 1971, the magazine covers all aspects of scientific discovery and advances in the laboratory sector. Laboratory News has two websites associated with the publication which contains news, features, comments, new products for the laboratory industry, opinion polls, jobs, and events; and allows users to search for products and services relevant to the laboratory industry.
- News - Highlights from the past month in science;
- Editorial comment - Personal insights into developments and trends;
- The Big Ask - a Q&A session with the people behind the science;
- Lab Babble - comment from regular columnist;
- Features - Indepth articles on new methods, techniques, equipment and trends;
- Science Allsorts - competitions, lighthearted look at things to do, read and see;
- Products - A directory of new products for the laboratory industry;
- Classified - Advertisements for products and services;
- Competitions - Including a crossword and sudoku;
- Science Lite - "Monthly sideswipe at all things R&D"
News and feature articles can be viewed in full on the website along with the opportunity for readers to comments on articles. There is also an opinion poll posing a question for visitors to vote on. The events section gives details on conferences, exhibitions, shows, openings and workshops. Recently streaming video has been added to some articles on the website.
LabNewsPages allows users to search for products and services relevant for the laboratory industry. Companies can list themselves and their services to be searched alphabetically or by product categories.
Content for both sites is free for all visitors to view.