Cover to issue #0
|Publication date||August 2010 (debut)|
|No. of issues||0-6 (Vol. 1: The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse ), 1-6 (Vol. 2: The Tablet of Destinies) 1-2 (The Lost Boys of West Abbey) 1-3 (La Dama de la Muerte)|
|Main character(s)||Lady Mechanika|
|Created by||Joe Benitez|
History of the series
The Lady Mechanika, a comic series in the steampunk genre, was originally planned as a six-part story. Aspen MLT agreed to produce the serial and began publishing them on an infrequent basis. The first issue of Lady Mechanika, issue #0, debuted and sold out in October, 2010. The third issue was scheduled for release December 21, 2011. At the Steamcon III convention, held October 2011 in Bellevue, Washington, Joe Benitez won the Airship Award in the Visual category for his work on the comic. Lady Mechanika's look was inspired by steampunk fashion icon Kato.
Titles in the series include Lady Mechanika: The Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse, Lady Mechanika: The Tablet of Destinies, Lady Mechanika: The Lost Boys of West Abbey, and Lady Mechanika: La Dama de la Muerte.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2011)|
Lady Mechanika is a detective in England at the turn of the 20th century. She is part human, part machine and is proficient with many weapons. She suffers from amnesia about her past and works to unravel the mysteries surrounding it.
- Doctor Q (September 30, 2010), "The Game is Afoot! Aspen Comics to Debut Lady Mechanika: a Steampunk Paranormal Detective Series", Steampunk Chronicle, retrieved 2012-01-19
- Geddes, John (May 12, 2011), "'Lady Mechanika' leads Aspen Comics", USA Today, retrieved 2012-01-19
- Lima, Sara (December 2, 2011), "First Look: 4-Page Preview of Lady Mechanika #3", Comic Vine, Whiskey Media, retrieved 2012-01-19
- "2011 Steampunk Year in Review", Airship Ambassador, wordpress.com, retrieved 2012-01-19
- "Joe Benitez's Lady Mechanika". Aether Emporium. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|