The company was set up in 1986 by William Laing, a healthcare economist and commentator on health and social care. Prior to setting up LaingBuisson, he worked at the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry and was a deputy director at the Office of Health Economics.
It has an international operation, LaingBuisson International. Keith Pollard is the executive chairman. It organises Medical Travel Summits. The conference in Athens in May 2018 was organised in conjunction with Elitour, the Greek Medical Tourism Council.
It was awarded a contract by the Department of Health and Social Care in October 2018 to review the NHS-Funded Nursing Care rate, which determines payments by the NHS for nursing home care in England.
- "About". LaingBuisson. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Stephen Dorrell appointed as LaingBuisson Chairman". Care Industry News. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "ARABIA: THE NEW MECCA FOR CHINESE MEDICAL TOURISTS?". South China Morning Post. 11 November 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "IMTJ: Greece Can Grow its Medical Tourism Business". Greek Travel Pages. 23 May 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "LaingBuisson to find the fair rate of NHS Funded Nursing Care". Care Home Professional. 31 October 2018. Retrieved 12 November 2018.