Lake Altoona (Wisconsin)
The lake was created by impounding the Eau Claire River with the construction of the Altoona 2WP340 Dam in 1938, with a concrete spillway and sluice gates on the western end of the reservoir. (The "2WP340" refers to the permit number of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission authorizing the dam.) The dam is owned and operated by Eau Claire County for recreation and water conservation. No hydroelectric power is generated.
- "Lake Altoona (Wisconsin)". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "2WP340 Dam". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2012-07-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Lake Altoona Rehabilitation & Protection District
- Lake Altoona in context of Lower Chippewa River Basin[permanent dead link]