Lake Galena (Illinois)
|Location||Jo Daviess County, Illinois, U.S.|
|Primary inflows||Smallpox Creek|
|Primary outflows||Smallpox Creek|
|Catchment area||10,340 acres (41.8 km2)|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||220 acres (89 ha)|
|Shore length1||7 mi (11 km)|
|Surface elevation||715 ft (218 m)|
|1 Shore length is not a well-defined measure.|
Lake Galena receives its water from a watershed about 10,591 acres (42.9 km²) in size and is located at an elevation of about 710 feet (218 m). It encompasses an area of 225 acres (89 ha) and with 7 miles (11.3 km) of shoreline. It is located within a private development of Galena known as the Galena Territory.
The lake is mostly used for recreational purposes including boating and fishing. The lake is managed by a non-profit corporation, The Galena Territory Association, who manages a marina located on the east end of the lake. The eighth hole on the Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa's North golf course crosses a small inlet of the lake.
- Shirk, M. (1995). Super Family Vacations, 3rd Edition: Resort and Adventure Guide. New York: HarperResource.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency. (Unknown last update). Mississippi North River Watershed. Retrieved June 22, 2007, from http://www.epa.state.il.us/water/water-quality/report-1996/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-09.html
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Galena Lake. Retrieved June 24, 2007
- Brainy Geography. (2007). Galena Lake Illinois. Retrieved June 22, 2007, from http://www.brainygeography.com/features/IL.reservoir/galenalake.html
- Galena Territory Association. (2007, June 18). Lake Galena & Marina. Retrieved June 22, 2007, from http://www.thegalenaterritory.com/amen_lgm.cfm
- Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa. (Unknown last update). North Course. Retrieved June 22, 2007, from http://www.eagleridge.com/golf_spa/north.asp