Lana Z Caplan
Lana Z Caplan
|Education||Massachusetts College of Art and Design|
|Known for||Photography, video, new media, and installation|
Her works have been described as a "suggestion of worlds colliding" and present an abstract illustration of the deepening "schism between humans and the landscape." Her work has been exhibited and screened in solo and group exhibitions in cities around the world in cities such as Beijing, New York, San Francisco, San Juan, Edinburgh, Mexico City, Philadelphia, Boston, Manitoba, New Delhi, Tel Aviv, Valparaiso, and Barcelona.
Recent exhibitions include Inside Out Art Museum (Beijing China), Museo Tamayo (Mexico City), Edinburgh International Film Festival (Edinburgh Scotland), Antimatter Film Festival (Victoria BC), Crossroads Film Festival (San Francisco), Black Maria Film Festival (65 city touring program) and Public Art Video Commission for the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Her 2010 film "Sospira" was scored by Chris Brokaw and Kevin Micka from Animal Hospital.
- Silver, Joanne (April 2014). "Lana Z Caplan". ARTnews. 113.4: 108.
- McQuaid, Cate (January 7, 2014). "Caplan at NAGA". The Boston Globe: G p.3.
- Quirk, Rachel. "Lana Z Caplan". 365artists365days.com. Greymatter Gallery. Retrieved February 4, 2015.
- Massachusetts Cultural Council. "Art on the Marquee Artworks". artonthemarquee.com.
- "IMDB, Sospira (2010)". Retrieved February 4, 2015.