|Location||Am Bahnhof 1, Langenselbold, Hesse
|Architect||Julius Eugen Ruhl|
|Opened||1 May 1867|
The entrance building is asymmetric and was built in 1868 in the neoclassical style. It is therefore one of the line's "first generation" buildings. However, it has changed in its appearance: both the original two-storey main building and the eastern wing, formerly a single-storey row of restaurants, were later raised by one storey. The original structure is presumably based on a design by Julius Eugen Ruhl. The entrance building is listed as a monument under the Hessian Heritage Act.
The station has a “home” platform (next to the station building) and an island platform. The line between Wolfgang and Gelnhausen is cleared for operations at 200 km/h, so that long-distance trains run through the station at high speed. Langenselbold station is now only served by local and regional services and has significance for commuter traffic to and from the Rhine-Main area.
From 1904 to 1963, Langenselbold station was served by the standard gauge Freigericht Light Railway of the Gelnhausen District Railway. The Gelnhausen District Railway had its own entrance building and separate facilities east of the "state” station. The Hanau Light Railway (Hanauer Kleinbahn) also ran between Hanau and Langenselbold, but operated from its own station in Langenselbold, which was significantly closer to central Langenselbold than the "state” station.
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/2010 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- Thomé (1926). Reichsbahndierektion Frankfurt (Main), ed. Führer über die Linien des Bezirks der Reichsbahndirektion Frankfurt (Main) (in German). p. 25.
- Landesamt für Denkmalpflege Hessen, ed. (2005). Eisenbahn in Hessen. Kulturdenkmäler in Hessen. Denkmaltopographie Bundesrepublik Deutschland (in German). 2.1. Stuttgart: Theiss Verlag. p. 339. ISBN 3-8062-1917-6.
- Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland (German railway atlas) (2009/10 ed.). Schweers + Wall. 2009. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.