26 May 1992 |
|Peak rating||2346 (January 2008)|
Lara Stock (born 26 May 1992 in Freiburg, Germany) is a Croatian chess player who holds the FIDE title of Woman Grandmaster (WGM). She won the World Youth Chess Championship in the girls under-10 section in 2002 and the European Youth Chess Championship in the girls under-12 division in 2004. Stock played for Croatia in the Women's Chess Olympiad of 2006.
In 2011, Stock and her father generated controversy by using false names to win the Hamilton Rookies Shield, an amateur tournament in Hamilton, New Zealand, and compete in other tournaments in the Australian circuit.
- WGM title application (PDF). FIDE.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "OlimpBase :: Women's Chess Olympiads :: Lara Stock". www.olimpbase.org. Retrieved 2016-09-03.
- Golubenko, Valery (2007-09-10). "Croatian talent Lara Stock makes WGM". ChessBase. Retrieved 2015-09-07.
- Ognjen Cvitan - Šahovski klub Draga
- "Female grandmaster wins Hamilton Rookies Shield!". ChessBase. 2011-03-03. Retrieved 2015-09-07.