Hinrichs in 2010
December 18, 1976 |
|Occupation||Entrepreneur and investor|
|Known for||Founder of XING
Founder of HackFwd
Member of the Supervisory Board of Deutsche Telekom
Lars Hinrichs (born December 18, 1976, Hamburg, Germany) is a German entrepreneur and investor. Hinrichs is best known as the founder of XING, a worldwide social networking website dedicated mostly to cultivating business contacts.
One of his first ventures, politik-digital.de, was an award-winning  platform for politics and new media, which he launched at the age of 22. The company has since evolved into a consultancy for politics, with headquarters based in Berlin.
In 2003 Hinrichs founded the Open Business Club GmbH, today XING AG, where both business people and students or job seekers manage their contacts. He took XING public in December 2006 and led the company to a profitable business with annual sales of € 35 million and an EBITDA margin of 35%. On January 15, 2009 he resigned from his function as CEO and joined the board of directors. Later in November 2009 Lars Hinrichs sold his stake in XING to Hubert Burda Media. Accordingly, he gave up his board membership at XING in January 2010.
In 2010 he founded HackFwd, an innovative pre-seed investment company that supported Europe’s most passionate geeks in launching the world’s most exciting tech startups.
Lars supports entrepreneurship and Internet policy on a local, national and European level, and has for example held several meetings with the German chancellor Angela Merkel  and with Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission.  He is serving on several Boards including Deutsche Telekom AG.
His company Cinco Capital, a private equity fund, invests in European and American tech companies such as
In 2007 Lars Hinrichs received the Media Award LeadAward and the German Internet Prize 2004  of the Federal Ministry of Economics. In August 2008 he was elected Germany's most important web entrepreneur by the Startups Initiative.
- Awards Politik-Digital.de Retrieved 2014-02-14
- "Erfolgreicher mit XING" (PDF). xing.com. Retrieved 2012-08-17.
- Press Release XING AG (2009-11-18) Retrieved on 2014-02-14
- Press Release XING AG (2010-01-22) Retrieved on 2014-02-14
- Internet & Start-Ups in Deutschland (2013-03-07) TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-02-14
- Start-Up Europe Manifesto Retrieved 2014-02-14
- http://www.huffingtonpost.de/lars-hinrichs/smart-home-wie-wir-in-zukunft-leben- werden_b_4452924.html, http://www.my-digital-lifestyle.de/news/smart-home-haussteuerung-und-homedesign-gastbeitrag-von-lars-hinrichs-4305/
- "Lead Award". Leadacademy.de. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Press Release Open Business Club (2004-11-12) Retrieved on 2014-02-14
- Deutsche Startups (2008-08-04) Retrieved 2014-02-14
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|