|Deputy editor||Sam Delaney|
History and profile
Later was established in 1999. In an interview with Sam Delaney (who was deputy editor of Later in 2001 when he was 24 years old) in Heat magazine, "Later [was] designed to be Loaded for settled men in their 30s".
In April 2000, "the editor of Later magazine had declared fatherhood 'the new rock 'n' roll'" and "better known for showing men how to nurse their pints than their kids, supplemented its usual fare (scantily clad models, gizmos, booze, fighting and sports) with a section called 'Dad.' In an earnest attempt to meld adolescent recklessness and adult responsibility, its pages have included reviews of the toys a man can 'enjoy' with his children (Action Man figures, super-soakers and remote-control racing cars) as well as advice on whether children should 'know Daddy's drunk' or whether he should 'pretend to be a normal sober human being.'"
- Pernille Holmboe, April 1999 (Issue 1)
- Caterina Murino, October 1999
- Julienne Davis, November 1999
- Elle Macpherson, January 2000
- Kristy Swanson, March 2000
- Bob Mortimer, April 2000
- Jenny McCarthy, May 2000
- Lisa Snowdon, November 2000
- Caprice Bourret, December 2000
- Lara Weller (former Lara Croft model), February 2001
- Nell McAndrew, March 2001
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, May 2001
- Virag Kiss, June 2001
- Suzi Perry, unknown
Later released several compilation albums. Serve Chilled featured tracks by Groove Armada and A Man Called Adam and The Later Lounge 1 and 2 in 2001. The Later Lounge 2 featured the debut single "Sea Groove" from Big Boss Man.
- Hip papa: Now that it's cool to be a dad, all you need is love and a Land Rover stroller. And maybe a pint., Steffan Chirazi, Salon.com, 12 June 2000, retrieved 11 April 2010
- Men's magazines: lad's mags III, Magforum, June 2009
- Jenny McKay (4 January 2002). The Magazines Handbook. Routledge. p. 7. ISBN 978-1-134-69885-1. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Sam Delaney: 'Most of the people I had a pint with are now cabinet ministers' - Sam Delaney on the challenges of editing Heat magazine, Stephen Brook, The Guardian, 18 January 2010, retrieved 11 April 2010
- NAUGHTY BOYS IN NASTY SCHOOLS Archived 2010-04-30 at the Wayback Machine, Stephen Dalton, Later, September 1999, retrieved from Madnesstradingring.com 11 April 2010
- Stephen Dalton (October 1999). "'Later Magazine' Tiswas article". Tiswas Online. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
- Kamon Testimonials, Kamon Wing Chun, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- LATER Magazine Back Issues, Crazy about Magazines, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Caterina Murino - Later Magazine, Actress Snaps, 12 November 2008,Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Julienne Davis on IMDb
- Other Men's Magazines, BooksOnSale (archived at Google cache), Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Later magazine at iPhotoScrap, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Nell, babyloveproducts.com, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Virag Kiss, Model Group, retrieved 12 April 2010
- Suzi Perry in Later Magazine, Superior Pics, 14 April 2008, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Later Magazine at Discogs, retrieved 11 April 2010
- Later Magazine presents Serve Chilled, 16 June 2008, Blogspot, Retrieved 11 April 2010
- Collection pages A-Z: L, Mixup Master, mixup.org.uk, retrieved 11 April 2010