July 18, 1977 |
New York City, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania
University of Virginia
|Notable works||The Divorce Party;
The First Husband
|Spouse||Josh Singer (m. 2012)|
Laura Dave (born July 18, 1977) is an American novelist. She is the author of London Is The Best City In America (2006) and The Divorce Party (2008). Her most recent novel, Eight Hundred Grapes, was released in 2015. Dave's fiction and essays have been published in The New York Times, The New York Observer, ESPN, Redbook, and The Huffington Post. She most often writes about relationships, family, infidelity, and marriage. She has appeared on CBS's The Early Show, Fox News Channel's Fox & Friends and NPR's All Things Considered. In 2008, Cosmopolitan named her a "Fun and Fearless Phenom of the Year."
Early life and education
Dave was born in New York City and grew up in Scarsdale, New York. Her interest in writing began when she was in elementary school. Dave graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1999, where she received a B.A. in English. She has an MFA from the University of Virginia's creative writing program. She was a Henry Hoyns Fellow and a recipient of the Tennessee Williams Scholarship. She received several awards for her writing including the AWP Intro Award in Short Fiction.
- London Is The Best City In America (2006) ISBN 978-0-14-303850-4
- The Divorce Party (2008) ISBN 978-0-14-311560-1
- The First Husband (2011) ISBN 978-0-670-02267-0
- Eight Hundred Grapes (2015) ISBN 978-1-4767-8925-5
- Hello, Sunshine (2017) ISBN 978-1-4767-8932-3
In 2006, Universal Studios optioned the rights to London Is The Best City In America as a starring vehicle for Reese Witherspoon. In 2008, Universal Studios also optioned The Divorce Party in conjunction with Echo Films, Jennifer Aniston's production company.
- http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104566969 My Guilty Pleasure
- http://www.life.com/image/82822799 2008 Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Phenom Awards
- "Laura Dave: 'No one should be the arbiter of what we're reading and what we're not reading'". atyourlibrary.org. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "Laura Dave, London is the Best City in America". Conversations w/ Famous Writers. August 21, 2006. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "London Is the Best City in America". Penguin. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- Lim, Rachel (April 28, 2011). "Laura Dave Interview". The Cavalier Daily. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- Bonia, Nicole (April 26, 2012). "Out of Twenty: Laura Dave, Author of The First Husband, Answers Six Questions". Linus's Blanket. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- LaBrie, Sarah (May 25, 2012). "Laura Dave, L.A. Novelist, on Nora Ephron, Chick Lit and Whether Facebook Makes Us Happy". LA Weekly. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "Laura Dave". bookreporter.com. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117918179.html?categoryid=1238&cs=1 Par finds 'Love' interest in Parker
- http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117983220.html?categoryid=13&cs=1 Jennifer Aniston forms Echo Films