Laura Jones (gymnast)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Laura Victoria Jones|
|Country represented||United Kingdom|
|Born||12 June 1992|
|Height||161 cm (5 ft 3 in)|
|Discipline||Women's artistic gymnastics|
Laura Victoria Jones (born 12 June 1992 in Nottingham, England) is a British gymnast selected for the Great Britain team at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games but had to drop out due to injury, to be replaced by Imogen Cairns.
Jones achievements include:
- 2006: placed 3rd in the all-around at the Junior British championships
- 2006: placed 4th on beam at the Junior European Championships
- First British gymnast to compete a punch front half
- Only British gymnast to currently compete a triple twist dismount
- "Laura Jones withdrawn from Olympic gymnastics team". 18 July 2008. Archived from the original on July 19, 2008.
- Amanda Turner (17 July 2008). "Cairns On British Olympic Team". International Gymnast Magazine Online. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "The British Gymnastics Net". Archived from the original on November 13, 2007. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
|This biographical article related to British artistic gymnastics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|