Laurel School District (Mississippi)
Dr. Chuck Benigno serves as Superintendent of the school district and Dr. John Harper serves as Deptuty Superintendent, and has for many years. Also, Ms. Kenda Covington serves as Assistant Superintendent and Curriculum/Federal Programs Director.
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS:
-Miranda Beard, President
-Ann Barrow, Vice President
-Rev. Earnest Thompson, Secretary
-Doncella Milton, Member
-James “Jim” Rasberry, Member
-Rhonda Rowzee, Business Manager
-Lacey Walters, Public Relations Officer
-Lela Bynum, Child Nutrition Director
-Danny Donald, Maintenance Director
-Keith Ridgeway, Transportation Director
-Dr. Dorsetta Jordan, Exceptional Education Services Director
-Jeff Davis, Technology Director/ Assistant Athletic Director/Testing Coordinator
- Laurel High School (Grades 10th - 12th)
-Mrs. Jeannine Agee; Principal
-Mr. Leander Bridges, II; 11th/12th Grades Assistant Principal
-Mr. Larry Rayburn, Jr.; 10th/12th Grades Assistant Principal
-Mr. Todd Breland; Athletic Director
-Mrs. Ryakko Price; Career & Technical Center Director
-Ms. Kelven Coleman 10th/12th Grades Counselor
-Mrs. Tamika Owens; 11th/12th Grades Counselor
-Mrs. Leigh McCarty; Career & Technical Center Counselor
- Jones Freshman Academy (Grades 9th)
-Mr. Jaymar Jackson; Principal
-Mrs. Rosalyn Haskin; Counselor
- Laurel Middle School (Grades 6th - 8th)
-Mrs. Leah McCullum; Principal
-Mrs. Tracey Lee-McNair; Assistant Principal
-Mr. Zachary Murphy; Assistant Principal
-Mrs. Sandi Creel; 6th/7th Grades Counselor
-Ms. Latrice Daniels; 7th/8th Grades Counselor
-Mrs. Saron Henderson; Behavior Specialist
- Nora Davis Magnet School (Grades 4K - 5th)
-Mrs. Tammy Griffith; Principal
-Mrs. Janet Tucker; Counselor
- Maddox Elementary School (Grades K - 5th)
-Mrs. Angelia Lott; Principal
-Mrs. Tiffany Ridgeway; Counselor
- Mason Elementary School (Grades K - 5th)
-Dr. Ken Culupepper; Principal
-Mrs. Rhonda Holloman; Assistant Principal
-Mrs. Brooke Warren; Counselor
- Oak Park Elementary School (Grades 4K - 5)
-Mr. Tito Lanier; Principal
- (?) Assistant Principal
-Mrs. Sonya Sumrall; Counselor
- Laurel Education Center (Alternative School)
-Mr. David Lewis; Principal
Website = http://www.laurelschools.org/
2015-16 school year
There were a total of 3,060 students enrolled in the Laurel School District during the 2006-2007 school year. The gender makeup of the district was 50% female and 50% male. The racial makeup of the district was 87.84% African American, 7.75% White, 4.28% Hispanic, and 0.13% Asian. 81.0% of the district's students were eligible to receive free lunch.
Previous school years
|School Year||Enrollment||Gender Makeup||Racial Makeup|
|District Accreditation Status||Accredited||Accredited||Accredited||Accredited||Accredited|
|School Performance Classifications|
|Level 5 (Superior Performing) Schools||1||1||1||1||1|
|Level 4 (Exemplary) Schools||1||0||1||0||0|
|Level 3 (Successful) Schools||3||3||3||4||2|
|Level 2 (Under Performing) Schools||1||2||1||0||2|
|Level 1 (Low Performing) Schools||0||0||0||1||1|
- "Mississippi Assessment and Accountability Reporting System". Office of Research and Statistics, Mississippi Department of Education. Archived from the original on 2007-03-23.
- "2006-07 State, District, and School Enrollment by Race/Gender with Poverty Data" (XLS). Mississippi Department of Education. 2008-01-16. Retrieved 2008-05-18.[dead link]
- "Mississippi Report Card for 2002-2003". Office of Educational Accountability, Mississippi Department of Education. 2004-09-02. Archived from the original on 2007-08-12. Retrieved 2007-08-31.
- "2007 Results" (PDF). Mississippi Statewide Accountability System. Mississippi Department of Education. 2007-09-13. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-11-27. Retrieved 2007-09-15.
- "2006 Results" (PDF). Mississippi Statewide Accountability System. Mississippi Department of Education. 2006-09-06. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-02-17. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "2005 Results" (PDF). Mississippi Statewide Accountability System. Mississippi Department of Education. 2005-09-09. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-12-13. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "2004 Results" (PDF). Mississippi Statewide Accountability System. Mississippi Department of Education. 2004-09-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2007-06-11.
- "2003 Results" (PDF). Mississippi Statewide Accountability System. Mississippi Department of Education. 2003-11-21. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2007-06-11.