|Alma mater||Syracuse University|
|Occupation||Chief Marketing Officer|
|Title||Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, CA Technologies.|
Currently, Lauren is responsible for overseeing the full breadth of CA's global marketing activities.
Prior to CA, Flaherty was CMO at Juniper Networks. At Juniper she led a transformation that is successfully reshaped the company’s image and position in the market. Before joining Juniper, Lauren was CMO of Nortel Networks and prior to that she spent 26 years at one of the world’s great brands, IBM. Throughout the ‘90s, a period that defined IBM’s reinvention, she led worldwide advertising in a role that was at the forefront of defining global marketing as we know it today. Her experience spans 30 years of product and corporate marketing and she has led multiple Olympic Games campaigns.
Lauren has been recognized five times by BtoB Magazine as one of the World's Best Marketers and in 2011 AdvertisingAge recognized her in their annual Women To Watch review. She is a chair and active member of the CMO Executive Summit, a member of the CMO Council Advisory Board, and sits on the Board of Directors with the Ad Council. Lauren holds a bachelor's degree from Syracuse University and is married with two children.
Early life and education
Lauren spent 26 years at IBM in a variety of product marketing leadership positions including software and servers. She served as IBM's vice president, Worldwide Marketing, small and medium business before moving to Nortel.She played a key leadership role in IBM's defining era, 1993 - 1997, when Lou Gerstner embarked on one of the biggest turn-around stories in corporate history. She led the worldwide advertising for IBM and drove the creation of IBM's famous brand image campaign, "Solutions for a Small Planet."
Lauren served as Chief Marketing Officer of Nortel Networks from 2006–2008. She had the overall responsibility for Nortel's global marketing strategy, brand development, advertising, and internal and external communications. While at Nortel, she created first Global Marketing Board of the company, which enabled the development of marketing investments that were fully aligned to sales and the company’s strategic objectives.She also led many of Nortel’s strategic business initiatives, including the company’s first global Enterprise campaign, leadership of the company’s green marketing initiatives and its bids for sponsorship of the Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 Olympic Games.
Flaherty, at Juniper, introduced a new campaign, that will use the phrase "Demand more" and will target enterprise customers by trying to "reinforce the notion that you've got choice," she said.
- "Juniper Networks Appoints Lauren Flaherty as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer". Biz.Yahoo.com. January 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.[dead link]
- "uniper Networks Appoints Lauren Flaherty as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer". Juniper Networks Press release. January 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Juniper Networks Appoints Lauren Flaherty as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer". Reuters.com. Jan 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Lauren Flaherty Named Nortel's Chief Marketing Officer". NORTEL.com. April 17, 2006. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "GET TO KNOW A CMO: Lauren Flaherty, Chief Marketing Officer, Nortel". cmocouncil.org. May 2007. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Who's Who — Marketers : Lauren Flaherty, Nortel Networks". btobonline.com. July 14, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Juniper Networks Appoints Lauren Flaherty as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer". moneycentral.MSN.com. January 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "BtoB Top Marketer: Lauren Flaherty, Nortel Networks BtoB's Best 2008". btobonline.com. October 27, 2008. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- "Juniper Kills the Cartoons!". lightreading.com. Feb 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-05.