||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
29 September 1982 |
Torquay, Devon, England, UK
|Occupation||Television personality, actress, DJ, music producer, entrepreneur|
The Only Way Is Essex (2010-15)
Lauren Pope (born 29 September 1982) is a British television personality, actress, glamour model, DJ, music producer, and entrepreneur. She has appeared in the ITV2 reality series The Only Way Is Essex. She was born and raised in Devon.
Since becoming a DJ, Pope has also become involved in producing. In 2009, she worked with Heatwave to remix the song "Broken" by UK artist Pierre Lewis, which reached number six on the Club Charts. Pope appears in the music video for the song "Ready for the Weekend" by Calvin Harris. She also DJs for Ministry of Sound.
In 2007, Pope designed and launched her own brand of clip-in hair extensions (Hair Rehab London), appearing on the ITV reality television series Tycoon. The show saw Peter Jones search for entrepreneurs with ideas that he helped turn into profit-making companies, while the eventual winner was chosen by the public. Pope came fourth out of the six contestants but continued to work with Jones after the show on expanding her business. Hair Rehab London was soon picked up and endorsed by celebrity hairdresser Mikey Kardashian.
Pope appeared in series 2 of Mile High for one episode. Since October 2010, she has appeared in the ITVBe (previously ITV2) structured reality programme The Only Way Is Essex. To date, she appeared in all 16 series of the programme and, by 2015, was one of only three remaining cast members from series 1, along with James "Arg" Argent and Jess Wright. Pope left the show at the end of the sixteenth series to pursue business endeavors.
|2004||Mile High||Jodie Wilkes||2 episodes|
|The Weakest Link||"Wags and Glamour" special|
|Rise of the Footsoldier||Beautiful girl||Feature film|
|2010–2015||The Only Way Is Essex||Herself||Main cast member|
- "Lauren Pope gets ready to celebrate her 30th birthday in style after partying in Abu Dhabi". OK!. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- "Lauren's Pope-ing for success". The Sun. London. 1 August 2007. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Chester, Jason (30 April 2014). "Lauren Pope's transformation from busty glamour model to polished reality TV personality". Daily Mail. DMG Media. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- Daniels, Colin (3 April 2011). "Lauren Pope: 'I turned down Prince Harry'". Digital Spy. Hearst Magazines UK. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "TOWIE star Lauren Pope to DJ in Lincoln". Lincolnshire Echo.
- "Lauren Pope on Twitter". Twitter.
- "The Official Home of Peter Jones". Tycoon.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Lauren Pope announces she is QUITTING TOWIE". Mirror Online. Retrieved 23 October 2015.