|Laurence A. Kirwan|
31 March 1952 |
Liverpool, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Victoria University of Manchester|
|Fields||Board certified (November 1989, valid indefinitely),
Hand Surgery certified (September 1990 to December 2000),
Recertified in Hand Surgery (December 2010)
Education and career
Kirwan graduated from the Victoria University of Manchester in 1974. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England since 1979, trained in General Surgery at the Maimonides Medical Center in New York (1980-1981), and was a resident at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York (1981-1982). Kirwan was a Fellow in Hand Surgery at the University of Colorado (1984-1985).
Kirwan has been indefinitely certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Inc. (ASPS),[dubious ][not in citation given] he is certified in Hand Surgery (1990) and has been recertified in Hand Surgery. . He practices Aesthetic Plastic Surgery in Norwalk, Connecticut and London, England. He was quoted in a 2002 New York ared in the press for his breast reduction operations on reality television personality Ulrika Jonsson and television presenter Kim Woodburn.
Kirwan uses a so-called breast "auto augmentation" technique.
Working with AmeriCares in 1989, he organised charity surgery missions after the Spitak earthquake in Yerevan, Armenia. He organised charity surgery missions in war zones in Croatia (1993 and 1996) with UNESCO. In 1989, Kirwan became the founding director of AmeriCares' 'Doctors for All Peoples'.[dubious ]
- Kirwan, Laurence (29 October 2004). Cutting Edge: A Top Surgeon Tells All... Artnik. ISBN 1-903906-22-9.
- Kirwan, Laurence; Fasolino, Peter (15 April 2009). My Mole Book. Artnik. ISBN 978-1905382477.
- Kirwan, Laurence (30 June 2012). Ophelia Blue Eyes: My Life So Far... Top Spot Publishing. ISBN 978-1905382491.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-24.
- Kirwan, L (2007). "Breast autoaugmentation". Canadian Journal of Plastic Surgery (Summer 2007 ed.). Pulsus Group. 15 (2, number 2): 73–76. PMC . PMID 19554189. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Plastic Surgeon - Laurence Kirwan, M.D., FACS - Practice Info". surgery.org. ASAPS. 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Plastic Surgeon - Laurence Kirwan, M.D., FACS - Background/Specialties". surgery.org. ASAPS. 2013. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "American Society of Plastic Surgeons".
- "Plastic Surgeon - Laurence Kirwan, M.D., FAC". Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Jonsson, Ulrika (27 April 2009). "It was new boobs or bust: How Ulrika Jonsson got the cleavage she wanted for 20 years". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Carey, Tanith (31 May 2012). "How big breasts can take five years off your life: Jane Clarke shares her story". Mail Online. Associated Newspapers. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Ulrika Jonsson's amazing breast reduction: 'I hated my boobs for 20 years.. Now I've got the bust of a 16-year-old'". Daily Mirror. London: Trinity Mirror. 26 Apr 2009. ISSN 9975-9950. OCLC 223228477. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Clark, James G. "Doctor Heads to Croatia on 2nd Mission to War Victims". Connecticut Post (Fairfield County Edition 22 July 1995 ed.). Hearst Connecticut Newspapers. 4 (203): A1. ISSN 1070-874X.
- "Prof Laurence Kirwan Authorised Biography". debretts.com. Debrett’s. 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.