Laurie Weeks (rugby)
|Date of birth||5 April 1986|
|Place of birth||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||115 kg (18 st 2 lb)|
|School||St. Joseph's College, Hunters Hill|
|Rugby union career|
Laurie Weeks (born 5 April 1986, Sydney, Australia) is a professional rugby union footballer. He plays at tighthead prop for the Melbourne Rebels. Weeks is the last remaining member of the Rebels foundation squad who is still playing for the club.
On the 17th of March 2017, in a game against the Chiefs, weeks became the Rebels most capped player.
Weeks made his Super Rugby debut for the Reds in February 2009 against the Bulls. The Rugby Union Players Association (RUPA) named Weeks 'Newcomer of the Year' for the 2009 season; Weeks played 23 games for the Reds 2009-2010. In 2011, Weeks left Queensland and moved to Victoria to join the Melbourne Rebels.
Weeks is studying a Bachelor of Education, and was head of the Little Rebels for 2013. His mother and younger sister are both Primary School teachers.
Super Rugby Statistics
- As of 15 July 2018
- Windley, Matt. "Laurie Weeks re-signs with Melbourne Rebels, says club can make Super Rugby finals". News.com.au. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Player profiles". Melbourne Rebels. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
- "Weeks RUPA Newcomer of the Year". UQ Rugby. University Of Queensland. 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- axinos, Stathi (28 February 2012). "Forward pack to deliver: Weeks". Australian Schools Rugby Union. Fairfax. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "What's a blog?". A Week with Laurie Weeks. Melbourne Rebels. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Lessons learnt". A Week with Laurie Weeks. Melbourne Rebels. 1 March 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "Player Statistics". its rugby. Retrieved 26 July 2016.