|Education||English National Ballet School|
|Current group||Bavarian State Ballet|
|Former groups||English National Ballet|
Laurretta Summerscales grew up in Woking, Surrey, England. Her mother runs the Karen Clarke Theatre School in Surrey (where Summerscales sometimes teaches), and her father works in information technology. She began dancing at the age of three, at her mother's school.
Summerscales began her training at the English National Ballet School in 2007, having won a scholarship to study there, she was 16 at the time. Also in 2007, Summerscales was a finalist for the Young British Dancer of the Year competition.
In 2009, at age 18, Summerscales was offered a contract to join the English National Ballet, 18 months after she started training at the English National Ballet School and a year before she was supposed to graduate.
Five months after she joined the company, she danced her first principal role, Myrtha in Giselle, and found out she had to dance the role two days before the performance. The Evening Standard called her "the rising star of English ballet", and speculated that she might be "the new Darcey Bussell".
In summer 2017, she married fellow English National Ballet dancer Yonah Acosta, originally from Cuba, and the nephew of Carlos Acosta. They lived in Woking during their time in ENB. They now based in Munich, Germany.
- "Lauretta Summerscales: the rising star of English ballet". standard.co.uk. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Interview by Clio Williams. "A Life in the Day of Laurretta Summerscales, ballerina". The Times & The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Laurretta Summerscales: life as a principal dancer at the English National Ballet". luxurylondon.co.uk. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Laurretta Summerscales". English National Ballet. Archived from the original on 1 March 2017.
- "The Journey Beforehand". Laurretta Sumerscales. Retrieved 21 April 2020.
- "Professional Career". Lauretta Summerscales. Retrieved 18 May 2020.
- Marshall, Francesca (23 September 2018). "British ballerina moves to Bavarian State Ballet for 'more exciting' repertoire". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Meet London's ballet boys". London Evening Standard. 9 June 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017.