|LeRoy S. Zimmerman|
|40th Attorney General of Pennsylvania
January 20, 1981 – January 17, 1989
|Preceded by||Harvey Bartle III|
|Succeeded by||Ernie Preate|
December 22, 1934 |
|Alma mater||Villanova University
Dickinson School of Law
LeRoy S. Zimmerman (born December 22, 1934) is a former Pennsylvania Attorney General.
In 2002, he was named to the PoliticsPA list of politically influential individuals. He was named again in 2003 and deemed a, "power broker in Central Pennsylvania." In 2010, Politics Magazine named him one of the most influential Republicans in Pennsylvania.
Leroy after being Pennsylvania Attorney General became the chairman of the Hershey Trust Company. He resigned at the end of 2011. In 2013, Kathleen Kane, the Pennsylvania Attorney General, announced the conclusion of a two-year investigation into the operations of the Hershey Trust Company, in which the Office of Attorney General and the Hershey Trust Company agreed that there was a finding of no wrongdoing, but reforms were required of the trust company.
- Jensen, Edward (January 21, 1981). "Three state officials take oaths of office". The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- "Casey welcomes Knoll, Hafer, Preate to Office". The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. January 18, 1989. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- "Leroy S. Zimmerman". Living Legacy Project. Highmark Blue Shield. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- "Sy Snyder's Power 50". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2002. Archived from the original on April 21, 2002.
- "Power 50". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2003. Archived from the original on April 17, 2004.
- Roarty, Alex; Sean Coit (January 2010). "Pennsylvania Influencers" (PDF). Politics Magazine. pp. 44–49. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 8, 2010.
- Malawskey, Nick (May 8, 2013). "Pennsylvania's attorney general: No penalties, but reforms for Hershey Trust". Patriot News. Retrieved October 27, 2015.
- "Hershey Trust Company Reaches Agreement with Attorney General on Reforms to Better Serve the Milton Hershey School Mission". PRNewswire. May 8, 2013. Retrieved November 13, 2015.
Harvey Bartle III
|Attorney General of Pennsylvania
|Party political offices|
Position made elected
|Republican nominee for Attorney General of Pennsylvania
|This article about a Pennsylvania politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|