Leading Edge Forum
|Division of CSC|
|Industry||research and advisory services|
Number of locations
|Richard Davies , Managing Director.|
The Leading Edge Forum (LEF) is an information technology research and advisory services firm based in London, England, with offices across Europe, North America and Asia. The forum specializes in analyzing the intersection of business and information technology in large organizations, aimed at senior executive audiences, in both the commercial and public sectors. The forum has categorized its research into five domains; Digital Business Strategies, Business/IT Convergence, Consumerization & the IoT, Learning from Silicon Valley, The Changing Nature of Work. .
The organization traces its roots back to 1988 when CSC acquired the consulting and research firms, Index Group  in the United States and later the Butler Cox Foundation  in the United Kingdom in 1991.
Index Group, originally founded by Thomas P. Gerrity and others from MIT was perhaps best known for coining the term business re-engineering popularized by the book by James Champy and Michael Hammer, Re-engineering the Corporation . In collaboration with Michael Treacy, it also helped establish the Value Disciplines approach to business strategy. The Butler Cox Foundation founded by David Butler  and George Cox  and created "the most successful membership organisation for CIOs ever initiated in Europe", that would enable senior IT executives to exchange ideas and share experiences, backed by an ongoing research process.
The term, consumerization, was first fully explored by LEF in a position paper in June 2004  , first known published paper on this topic. Four years later, in June 2008 the Wikipedia entry for Consumerization was created.
- "Richard Davies, LEF Managing Director". Leading Edge Forum. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Current LEF Research Domains". Leading Edge Forum. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "CSC acquires Index Group, 1988". CSC. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "CSC acquires Butler Cox, 1991". CSC. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Champy, James A.; Hammer, Michael (1993). Reengineering the corporation: A manifesto for business revolution. HarperBusiness (New York, NY). ISBN 0887306403.
- Mckeown, Max (September 26, 2011). The Strategy Book. Financial Times/ Prentice Hall. p. 196. ISBN 978-0-273-75709-2.
- "David Butler, Co-Founder of Butler Cox". fearlessconsulting.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Sir George Cox, Co-Founder of Butler Cox". London Stock Exchange. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- David Moschella; Doug Neal; Piet Opperman; John Taylor. "The 'Consumerization' of Information Technology". LEF. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Richard Davies, Managing Director". Leading Edge Forum. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Dave Aron, Global Research Director". Leading Edge Forum. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Upbin, Bruce (April 17, 2012). "Ignore the Extremists in the Wars". Forbes. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Giles, Martin (October 28, 2011). "Personal Computing; This house believes we are now in a post-PC world". The Economist. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Zetlin, Minda (8 June 2012). "6 Ways CIOs Can Make Peace with CMOs". CIO Magazine. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- Price, Michelle (February 14, 2011). "Pinning Down the Cloud". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2010-08-14.