This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public Company (Symbol LBUY)|
|Industry||Cannabis Marketing and Advertising|
Greenwood Village, Colorado,
|Kurt Rossner - President and CEO; Founder
Michael Goerner - CTO; FounderAndre Leonard - Senior Marketing Manager
Number of employees
Leafbuyer is an online cannabis resource that helps consumers locate and learn about cannabis businesses, and find special offers specific to those businesses. The website's slogan, "Find Your Happy Price," highlights the primary function of the site: to serve as a coupon directory for cannabis patients and recreational users.
The website hosts a cannabis strain database, defining characteristics and effects of specific strains, thereby helping consumers determine which strains are best suited to treat individual ailments and conditions. Leafbuyer's cannabis jobs board connects employers in the legal cannabis industry with job seekers. The company produces educational videos, written content, and Leafbuyer Lists to highlight people, products, and dispensaries leading the industry in various states across the nation.
Headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, Leafbuyer Technologies, Inc. is a publicly traded marketing technology company serving the legal cannabis industry. First launched in Colorado in 2013, Leafbuyer announced plans to expand into California, Florida, Nevada, Massachusetts, Arkansas, and North Dakota, following the November 2016 elections, which legalized cannabis use in those states.
In September 2017, Leafbuyer was named one of the Top 150 Ancillary Cannabis Companies by Cannabis Business Executive.
Leafbuyer was conceptualized in November 2012, after the passing of Colorado Amendment 64, which legalized the medical and recreational use of cannabis in the state. Founded by a group of technology and industry veterans, Leafbuyer's founders recognized the need to connect consumers with dispensaries, and help them find the best cannabis deals in their region. Notable developments since that time include partnerships with The Cannabist (owned by the Denver Post) in August 2016, Westword in December 2016, and Voice Media Group (owner of LA Weekly, Phoenix New Times, and Toke of the Town) in September 2017. In Q2 of 2017, the company became publicly traded on the OTCQB marketplace under the ticker LBUY.
Leafbuyer sells display advertising and priority listing packages by partnering with cannabis companies in the industry, such as dispensaries, head shops, and grow stores. Primary services include listings on Leafbuyer.com, direct outreach to consumers, posts on the jobs board, a texting and loyalty platform, SEO services, and advertising on partner websites.
Leafbuyer's primary functions include:
Dispensary Locator – Users can type in their ZIP code, city, or state in the search bar, which will display a map with results showing dispensaries in that region.
Coupon Finder – Users can search for coupons and special offers using several filters, including product type, price, and brand. Users can also input a specific dispensary name into the search bar for a list of coupons unique to that dispensary.
Reviews – Users can see reviews of individual dispensaries, as well as leave reviews under a star rating system that rates location, quality, price, service, and knowledge. There is also an opportunity for users to leave a brief statement about their experience with the dispensary in the rating and review process.
Strain Directory – Users can search cannabis strains alphabetically, by name, or by type. Search results include a description of the strain, its potency, and information about its potential medicinal use, flavor, and effects.
Jobs Directory – Users can search for careers in the cannabis industry through the Leafbuyer jobs database. Leafbuyer's clients and other legal cannabis businesses use the board to list a variety of positions, from cannabis growers to budtenders to website developers.
Consumer Login – Users can save specific locations, deals, strains, and searches for future reference.
Leafbuyer TV -- Users can watch educational video content in several categories, including news, culture, cannabis guides, dispensary showcases, strain reviews, Leafbuyer Live, and product showcases.
Leafbuyer Blog – Leafbuyer publishes multiple articles per day covering cannabis industry laws, business, science, and advice for consumers.
Community Outreach -- Leafbuyer partners with Denver Metro non-profits to raise awareness, funding, and support for groups advocating for responsible cannabis use.
- Drummond, Tammerlin. "Bay Area News Group". The Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- Borchardt, Debra. "Leafbuyer.com Helps Cannabis Coupon Clippers Save Pennies on Pot". The Street. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Johnson, Anthony. "). Leafbuyer Works for Cannabis Businesses and Consumers". Marijuana Politics. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "Leafbuyer's top 10 most attractive Seattle marijuana shops". seattlepi.com. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "Official Colorado Business Listing". Colorado Secretary of State. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- Mitchell, Thomas (2017-09-22). "Colorado Dominates Top 150 Ancillary Cannabis Companies". Westword. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "Entrepreneurs create new way to shop for marijuana". Colorado Community Media. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- "Colorado Marijuana Legalization Initiative, Amendment 64 (2012)". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Leafbuyer Selected by The Cannabist as Official Cannabis Deals Partner". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "Westword Selects Leafbuyer as Official Cannabis Deals Partner". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "Leafbuyer Technologies, Inc. Significantly Increases Content Distribution Network by Launching Nationwide Partnership Deal with Voice Media Group". www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-10-07.
- "Trade Name Summary". Colorado Secretary of State. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Leafbuyer Technologies Enhances Search Platform with "Consumer Login" and "Deals Heat Map"". Retrieved 2018-01-30.