Leavenworth USD 453
|Leavenworth Public Schools
Unified School District 453
|Faculty||281.5 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.2:1|
Leavenworth Public Schools USD 453 is currently under the administration of Superintendent, Mike Roth.
Board of Education
The Leavenworth School District is governed by a seven member Board of Education. In Leavenworth, school board members are elected at large by the entire community. The following people are the current board members, as of the 2014-15 school year.
- Verna Raines
- Mike Carney
- Nancy Klemp - President
- Dr. Paul Kittle
- Doug Darling
- Marti Crow - Vice President
- Loyal Torkelson
Board Clerk is Brenda Sheumaker. The board meets on the third Wednesday, of each month, at the Leavenworth Administrative Office. Meetings begin at 7pm.
- Anthony Elementary School (grade K–5)
- David Brewer Elementary School (grade K–5)
- Earl Lawson Elementary School (grade K–5)
- Henry Leavenworth Elementary School (grade K–5)
- Richard W. Warren Middle School (grade 6–8)
- Leavenworth High School (grade 9–12)
- Nettie Hartnett Education Center
- Howard Wilson Elementary School
- Muncie Elementary School
- Ben Day Elementary School
The mission of the Leavenworth Public Schools is to ensure high levels of learning for all students.