|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Bodleian Library|
|Size||26.5 cm by 21 cm|
Lectionary 22, designated by siglum ℓ 22 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering). It is a Greek manuscript of the New Testament, on vellum leaves. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 14th-century.
The codex contains lessons from the Gospels of John lectionary (Evangelistarium), with numerous lacunae. It is written in Greek minuscule letters, on 63 parchment leaves (26.5 cm by 21 cm), 2 columns per page, 23-27 lines per page. It contains Menologion and patristic homilies (Gregory of Nazianzus).
Formerly the manuscript was known as Codex Seldeni 5. It was added to the list of the New Testament manuscripts by Wettstein. The codex was examined by Mill and Griesbach. C. R. Gregory saw it in 1883.
Notes and references
- K. Aland, M. Welte, B. Köster, K. Junack, Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments, (Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter, 1994), p. 220.
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: Hinrichs. p. 389.
- F. H. A. Scrivener, "A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament" (London 1861), p. 213.
- Aland, Kurt; Aland, Barbara (1995). The Text of the New Testament: An Introduction to the Critical Editions and to the Theory and Practice of Modern Textual Criticism. Erroll F. Rhodes (trans.). Grand Rapids: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. p. 72. ISBN 978-0-8028-4098-1.
- Wettstein, J. J. (1751). Novum Testamentum Graecum editionis receptae cum lectionibus variantibus codicum manuscripts. Amsterdam: Ex Officina Dommeriana. p. 65.
- The Greek New Testament, ed. K. Aland, A. Black, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger, and A. Wikgren, in cooperation with INTF, United Bible Societies, 3rd edition, (Stuttgart 1983), pp. XXVIII, XXIX.
- J.K. Elliott, A Bibliography of Greek New Testament Manuscripts, Cambridge University Press, 1989, p. 176.