|New Testament manuscript
|Now at||Cambridge University Library|
|Size||14 cm by 21.5 cm|
Lectionary 311 (Gregory-Aland), designated by siglum ℓ 311 (in the Gregory-Aland numbering) is a bilingual Greek–Arabic manuscript of the New Testament, on parchment. Palaeographically it has been assigned to the 12th century. The manuscript has survived in a fragmentary condition.
The original codex contained lessons from the Gospels (Evangelistarium), on four fragment parchment leaves, with some lacunae. The original leaves were measured 14 cm by 21.5 cm (according to the reconstruction). Only the upper part of the four leaves have survived, with the text of the Gospel of Luke 16:24-25. 28-30; 8:16-18. 21. 27. 29-30. 32-34. 38-39.
The text is written in Greek minuscule letters, in two columns per page, 13 lines per page (according to the reconstruction). The left column is written in Greek, the right column is written in Arabic.
The codex contains fragments of lessons, which were red for fifth and sixth Sundays.
The manuscript was added to the list of New Testament manuscripts by Frederick Henry Ambrose Scrivener (297e) and Caspar René Gregory (number 311e). It was examined by Fenton John Anthony Hort. Gregory saw it in 1883.
Notes and references
- Gregory, Caspar René (1900). Textkritik des Neuen Testaments. 1. Leipzig: J.C. Hinrichs’sche Buchhandlung. p. 414.
- Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller (1894). A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament. 1 (4th ed.). London: George Bell & Sons. p. 349.
- Aland, Kurt; M. Welte; B. Köster; K. Junack (1994). Kurzgefasste Liste der griechischen Handschriften des Neues Testaments. Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter. p. 238. ISBN 3-11-011986-2.
- "Liste Handschriften". Münster: Institute for New Testament Textual Research. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- Aland, B.; Aland, K.; J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, B. Metzger, A. Wikgren (1993). The Greek New Testament (4 ed.). Stuttgart: United Bible Societies. p. 21*. ISBN 978-3-438-05110-3.
- Nestle, Eberhard et Erwin (2001). Novum Testamentum Graece. communiter ediderunt: B. et K. Aland, J. Karavidopoulos, C. M. Martini, B. M. Metzger (27 ed.). Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft. p. 814. ISBN 978-3-438-05100-4.