A legal periodical is a periodical about law. Legal periodicals include legal newspapers, law reviews, periodicals published by way of commerce, periodicals published by practitioner bodies, and periodicals concerned with a particular branch of the law.
The obituaries and profiles in legal periodicals may be useful to historians and biographers. Book reviews in legal periodicals may be useful to librarians. There is a Book Review Index in the Index to Legal Periodicals.
- Patrick Polden, "Legal Periodicals" in W R Cornish, The Oxford History of the Laws of England, Oxford University Press, 2010, volume 9, pages 1201 to 1211.
- Allyson Nancy May. The Bar and the Old Bailey, 1750-1850. University of North Carolina Press. 2003. Pages 135 and 136.
- Frank Luther Mott. "Legal Periodicals". A History of American Magazines, 1865-1885. Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. 1938. Page 144.
- William H. Putman and Jennifer Albright. "II. Legal periodicals". Legal Research. Third Edition. Cengage Learning. 2015. Pages 241 to 243 et seq. Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing. Fourth Edition. 2018. Pages 193 and 194 et seq.
- Linda L Edwards and J Stanley Edwards. "Legal Periodicals". Introduction to Paralegal Studies and the Law: A Practical Approach. West Legal Studies, Delmar, Thomson Learning. 2002. Page 174.
- Martin A Frey and Sidney K Swinson. "E. Legal Periodicals". Introduction to Bankruptcy Law. Delmar, Cengage Learning. Sixth Edition. 2012. Page 31.
- Carol M Bast and Margie A Hawkins. "Legal Periodicals". Foundations of Legal Research and Writing. 2012. Page 61 to 64.
- A Yelin and H Viner Samborn. "H. Legal Periodicals". The Legal Research and Writing Handbook. Eighth Edition. Wolters Kluwer. New York. 2018. Page 262 to 265 et seq.
- (2000) 88 Illinois Bar Journal 49 Google Books
- Ronald W Tank. Legal Aspects of Geology. Plenum Press. New York. 1983. Pages 602 and 603.
- Patrick Polden, "Judging Judges: The Reputations of Nineteenth-Century Judges and their Sources", in Anthony Musson and Chantal Stebbings (eds), Making Legal History: Approaches and Methodologies, Cambridge University Press, 2012, Pages 60 and 61.
- Guy Holborn. Sources of Biographical Information on Past Lawyers. British and Irish Association of Law Librarians. 1999. Page 14. See also passim. Google Books
- Deborah S Panella. "Book Reviews in Law Reviews". Basics of Law Librarianship. The Haworth Press. 1991. Routledge. 2011. Page 21.
- James R Acker and Richard Irving. Basic Legal Research for Criminal Justice and the Social Sciences. Aspen Publishers. Gaithersburg, Maryland. 1998. Page 94.
|This article about a legal magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.