|Alma mater||Sarah Lawrence College|
|Parent(s)||Viveca Lindfors and Folke Rogard, Stepfather: George Tabori|
Lena Tabori is the daughter of actress Viveca Lindfors, the founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc., and a co-founder of Stewart, Tabori & Chang (STC). She began her career in 1967 with Harry N. Abrams and she is currently the director and publisher of Welcome books, the imprint under which Welcome Enterprises publishes illustrated books. A native of Sweden, Tabori lives in East Hampton, New York and New York City.
Lena Tabori began her career at Abrams Books and rose to the position of Vice President of Marketing and Special Sales before leaving in 1980 to create Welcome Enterprises and co-found Stewart, Tabori & Chang. Between 1982 and 1990 Tabori packaged books through Welcome including Judith Levy's best-selling Grandmother Remembers; the award-winning Glorious American Food by Christopher Idone; and Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature, which she co-edited with Jane Lahr (STC).
In 1983 Tabori received an Emmy for her work as a producer and executive producer on Ziggy’s Gift. Directed by Richard Williams the show was an animated special for ABC television based on the Tom Wilson cartoon character, Ziggy.
In 1987 Lena began packaging books for Turner Broadcasting, editing such books as Kisses and MGM: When the Lion Roars by Peter Háy. In 1991 Tabori became president and publisher of Collins Publishers San Francisco with whom she created fifty new titles, including A Day in the Life of Hollywood.
In 1993 Tabori returned to Stewart, Tabori & Chang after a ten-year absence and became their president and publisher. During her time with STC she published more than 175 new titles before returning to Welcome Books full-time in 1997.
Tabori is also responsible for creating, editing and producing the first two titles in the Little Big Book series: The Little Big Book of Christmas and The Little Big Book of Love, which were both published by William Morrow. She has been the co-editor of subsequent Little Big Books including Moms and Dads, all published by Welcome Books. There are 27 in total.
Two award winning books published by Welcome include, The Oxford Project by Stephen G. Bloom, photographed by Peter Feldstein and American Farmer, The Heart of Our Country with photographs by Paul Mobley and text by Katrina Fried. The Oxford Project received a 2009 Alex Award from the American Library Association and American Farmer, The Heart of Our Country received a Wrangler Award from The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
- "Welcome Books Staff". Welcome Books. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "Imdb Profile Lena Tabori". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- "A Day in the Life of Hollywood By Jess Cagle, Doug Brod". Entertainment Weekly. 1992-11-13. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Lena Tabori Quits STC; Leslie Stoker Succeeds". Publishers Weekly. Archived from the original on October 8, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "Books > "Lena Tabori"". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- "2009 Alex Awards". American Library Association. Retrieved 2009-04-30.
- "National Cowboy Museum Announces Wrangler Award Winner of the 48th Annual Western Heritage Awards". RodeoAttitude.com. Retrieved 2009-04-30.