Leon Goldman (1906–1997) was an American surgeon and a pioneer in laser medicine. His research areas included the application of lasers in dermatology, cancer photodynamic therapy (PDT) and the use of organic dyes in PDT.
In his honor, The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) gives the yearly recognition named Leon Goldman Memorial Award. The Academy of Laser Dentistry also gives an award in recognition of Dr. Goldman. It is called, "The Leon Goldman Award" for Clinical Excellence.
- L. Goldman and R. J. Rockwell, Lasers in Medicine (Gordand and Breach, New York, 1971)
- L. Goldman, Surgery by laser of malignant melanoma, J. Dermat. Surg. Onc. 5, 141-144 (1979).
- L. Goldman, A. Taylor, T. Putman, New development with the heavy metal vapor lasers for the dermatologist, J. Dermat. Surg. Onc.13, 163-165 (1987).
- L. Goldman, Laser Non-Surgical Medicine (Technomic, Lancaster, 1991).
- Goldman L (1990). "Dye Lasers in Medicine". In Duarte FJ; Hillman LM (eds.). Dye Laser Principles. Boston: Academic Press. pp. 419–32. ISBN 0-12-222700-X.CS1 maint: uses editors parameter (link)
- Leon Goldman Memorial Award
- Leon Goldman's obituary at The New York Times
- Leon Goldman's obituary at the Los Angeles Times
|This biographical article related to medicine in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|