Les Rogers (rugby league)
|Full name||Lesley Rogers|
|Born||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Position||Prop, Lock, Second-row|
As of 14 March 2019
Rogers made his first grade debut for Eastern Suburbs against Balmain at the Wentworth Park in Round 1 1930 scoring a try in a 26-12 victory. Rogers was selected to play for Metropolis in 1930, the earlier version of the NSW City team.
In 1931, Eastern Suburbs finished as minor premiers and Rogers made 15 appearances scoring 12 tries. Easts would then go on to reach the 1931 grand final against South Sydney.
Eastern Suburbs went into the match as favorites but an injury to Easts winger Billy Hong meant that the side played with a man down for most of the game. Souths went on to win the match 12-7 with Souths halfback Harry Eyres crossed for the winning try after the referee had accidentally got in between Eyres and the tackler.
- "Les Rogers - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". Rugbyleagueproject.org.
- "Men's Honour Roll". Sydney Roosters.
- Alan Whiticker/Glen Hudson: The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. (1995 edition) ISBN 1875169571
- "Great grand finals involving the Sydney Roosters". inxia.wordpress.com.
- "A Look Back At Premiership Success". www.rabbitohs.com.au.
|This Australian rugby league football biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|