Lessie WEI CHUI Kit-yee (韋徐潔儀), SBS, JP is a retired Hong Kong civil servant and political appointee and Silver Bauhinia Star awardee for her contributions in 2001. Wei is also a Justice of the Peace.
Wei joined the Hong Kong Government in May 1970, one year after graduating from university. Wei was a member of the Trade Officer Grade for 13 years before becoming an Administrative Officer Staff Grade C in 1983. In March 1997, Wei took the position of Director of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation. Wei rose to her highest rank of Administrative Officer Staff Grade A, as of January 1, 2000. On January 14, 2002, she went on pre-retirement leave and was succeeded by Thomas Chan Chun-yuen.
Wei served in various bureaus and departments, including the former Trade Department, Security Branch, the former Urban Services Department, the then Chief Secretary's Office and the Financial Services Branch. Wei has held the following positions:
- Deputy Director of Urban Services from February 1990 to January 1991
- Deputy Director of Administration from January 1991 to September 1994
- Deputy Secretary for Financial Services from October 1994 to March 1997.
- Director of Agriculture and Fisheries (later renamed Director of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation)
- "EGazette". The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government Logistics Department. 2001-05-13. p. 1. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- "Announcement of Senior Appointments". Hong Kong Civil Service Bureau. 2001-10-23. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- K.B. (January 1998). "Avian Flu Panic Has Hong Kong Bureaucrats Choking Chickens". Animal People Online. p. 5. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- Profile of Mrs Lessie Wei
- Directorate of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation references in Hong Kong government publications
- Legco/Hong Kong Legislative Assembly minutes (1996)
- Ibid. (1997)
|This Hong Kong biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|